Mild chronic gastrit after helicobacter pylori

Posted , 3 users are following.

So it all started in December 2015 with diarrhea,stomach pain burning feeling under the left ribb and nausa feeling like that if I wanted to faint. After 3 months the docotor found I had HP and I got tripple treatment for 1 week clarithromycin, amoxicillin and PPL.

After that I was not better so had to do a gastroscopy in June and they saw  that I had a mild chronic gastritis (no ucler) and I still HP left. So they putted me on metronidazole, amoxicillin and PPL for 14 days.

1 month after I did a stool test came back negative. 4 months after that, I still feel bad  after I eat sometimes i feel nasues and like i want to vomit, and it can burn / hurt on the left side under the ribb.

My question is how long can it take for a mild gastritis to heal after HP? and is there anyone else out there who had a mild gastritis from HP that can shear there story how long it took for them to get better.

My docs say there is not much i can do and dont give me a straight answer how i can heal in the best way... 

I try to stay on a strict diet but still dont seem to help alot.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm going to pm you with something that might be useful.

• Posted

Hi noam

Had almost identical symptoms to you about 12 months ago. Thought the worst. Following an endoscopy (acute mild gastritis) was the supposed culprit. Started having a daily pre breakfast smoothie containing 1 banana, 1/2 apple (half)  half a peeled orange and either some strawberries or blackberries. Fill container halfway with either milk or water then blend and drink! This, together with a daily tablet of Nexium (started on 40mg now on 20mg). Do not havey more issues. Good luck!!

• Posted

Hi

At least 3 months, or earlier if symptoms went away. I understand that some people (due to a high acidity problem) take them forever without changing their normal diet. This is a small price to pay to alleviate the discomfort. Don't forget the smoothies. They are a bonus!

• Posted

Turmeric and liquorice can be helpful for gastritis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.