mild discomfort, upper abdominal and right rib cage area

Posted , 4 users are following.

Could this be related to my liver cyst?  my GP thinks not and that it is more due to acid reflux which i suffer from anyway.  I have been investigated for this liver cyst and have had scans, blood tests etc and i recently had another scan to monitor the cyst which i am waiting to hear about.  My pancreas, gall bladder showed up as all OK from the original ultrasound scan.  I just don't know why i get this discomfort and what is causing it.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

From one of my previous posts:

I'm am no doctor by any means...I can only share my own experience. My system is VERY sensitive to all medications. I had surgery on my leg and knee and the anesthesia and meds sent my system into a tailspin - I was soooo sick for almost 7 weeks. I went for tests and had to clean my system - started feeling better with that. Started taking probiotics and felt improvement every day. I am now 9 weeks post op, and although I still cannot put any pressure on my leg, my stomach/digestive issues are so much better. I take a mixture of 1 tablespoon each of (all of which need to stay refrigerated):

Acidophilus (live good bacteria); aloe Vera juice, and pure lemon juice. I also go to acupuncture every week.

Try eating bland foods and chew it very well so it is easier for your system to digest. When you have diarrhea, I used liquid Imodium (I am in the U.S.). Liquid allows me to control my dosage. For gas (belching) I took liquid Gaviscon. If you don't know what these products are, google them for an alternative that is available to you.

I pray for your recovery

• Posted

Have you had any scans checking your gallbladder?
    • Posted

No I have not. I am doing so much better than I was. I am now for focusing on healing my leg and getting my exercises done. If the abdominal issues arise again, I will get that checked. Thank you for the question though - you never know what will pop up next

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.