Mild headache and slight dizziness for 5 days straight

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok, so for about 5-6 days or so(after 2-3 days from recovering from sun poisoning), I've been having mild headaches and slight dizziness. In the first days I also had slightly blurred vision and problems concentrating. Now, I'm only dizzy and having mild headaches. The curious thing is, I mainly get the dizziness and the headaches ONLY if I don't do anything(like staying in bed or sitting down on a chair). If I exercise(eg. run or even walk), they both go away. Also, I've noticed that putting pressure(while standing) on my head temples relieves the mild headache

Now, I'm really scared of the possibility of a brain tumor and I'm wondering if anyone else had these symptoms and if so how did they get them treated(apart from running 24/7). Should I worry? The headaches are really mild, so mild that I'd only classify them as dizziness but they are clearly distracting. I'm 20 by the way.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. What do you mean by sun poisoning?

Were you sunbathing and then became ill?

• Posted

Yes, I stood for a long enough period in the sun and I got the usual symptoms(burned skin, nausea, vomitting, dehydratation, severe headaches and tiredness). I recovered from it and for 2 days I was fine, then these strange mild headaches appeared.
  • Posted

I say this because I think there is a link to the sun and how it can effect the sphenoid sinuses.
  • Posted

The strange thing is the headache completely disappears if I lay down now. However, standing up and not moving or sitting down on a chair makes it reappear. These symptoms are downright confusing...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.