Mild self harm

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hate to admit and finally I have decided to.. I have been depressed for a while now and when under pressure in my relationship I seem to resort to self harm.

I have bad anxiety and I easily get stressed in my personal life and I can't cope with these feelings anymore.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Well done for the frst step admiting you hae a problem, no matter how early it may be.

From my experience and this is with anxity and depression i have not self harmed so i cannot relate to that) but you need to seek help from a GP you trus. They will help you.

i also find that journalling helps me, write down everything. how you are feeling, what makes you sad, self harm etc. it might not work but it is worth a try.

take care.

• Posted

CARLY

If you are self harming I would strongly advise you talk to your GP, if not already.

CBT may need to be arranged. Do you feel Suiidal at any time or is it performing the cuts. that you are concerned with ??

BOB

• Posted

I haven't yet seen them, last time expressed my anxiety to them they didn't give much back.

No I don't deep cut myself and I'm not suicidal.

I would hit myself or a wall or scratch but never cut. I do do think it's easier I feel I wasn't here but I would never act on that.

Thanks for replying.

• Posted

carly

Personally I would still go and see your GP and discuss this problem you have, you could eventually do more damage. I would imagine your GP would be wanting you to take a course of CBT

Make a list of any concerns you have and explain you cut or graze.

BOB

• Posted

Hi Carly don't be ashamed about this! There are many people (including me) who have resorted to self harm out of desperation! I used to self harm constantly, so much that I couldn't hide it anymore! My depression/anxiety got so bad that I couldn't eat and barely got out of bed, I had to take time off work etc. I went to the dr and was prescribed sertraline and pregabalin. I saw a psychologist and psychiatrist who diagnosed me having severe OCD. I'm still not entirely happy with the diagnosis as I think more is going on. I would urge u to seek help speak to someone u trust! Let me know how u r! Remember u r not alone!

• Posted

Hi nightcrawler,

Thank you for your response, I'm okay thanks just still struggling at the moment but finding the corage to actually see and talk to a doctor.

Sucks that they put it down to OCD knowing full well you know there's more to it than that! One of the reasons I won't go to them, to tell me your fine read a bunch of articles..

Hope your ok too.

• Posted

Take that big step n talk to your dr, you will be relieved when u do, hopefully u speak to a good dr! Is this the first time u will speak to a dr about your problems?
    • Posted

I have been about my anxiety and my anger before and they sent me to a anxiety course which didn't help at all, they offered me counselling and I said yes but they never sorted it.

• Posted

Typical of dr's not doing there job properly! Would u consider medication? I've had anger issues also won't say it here on forum will private msg u sometime. How u feeling now?

• Posted

Yeah that's why I'm in no hurry to go see them. I would go on medication if I had to but I'd rather try get through it by being active and stuff but unfortunately with the lack of friends I don't get out much. Ah okay yes give me a message some time. Felt a bit low again today to be honest but listening to some music now which is helping. How about you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.