Mineral Water???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi - I have had gastritis for nearly a year - its healing and getting better day by day however I travel quiet a bit, located mainly in Spain and the water I drink is Solan de Cabras (the best here). 

Whenever I travel to the ie to the UK, Germany, US I have a big problem with water.. every other bottled water I try gives me an upset stomach.. before I had gastritis I had no problems drinking any water and also always drank tap water in the UK when I was living there.

So what is it in bottled water that could be irritating my stomach is it the bocarbonate content, sodium??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Try sticking to tap water in Britain and avoid bottled water.
  • Posted

Hi lucy08946

Try boiling the UK water first..let it cool and put it into a thermos....the plastic of bought drink bottles contain a material called bisphenol that maybe causing the adverse effects you are experiencing..or drink from a water filter..... best wishes.....

• Posted

Here in Australia the local TV program did some testing of bottled water, less clean than the tap water, much more bacteria, which was scary, but I would be very careful unless you knew the local water treatment process and how good it is.

I have gastritis as well, and find I have to watch what food I eat, beef after lunch time becomes a nightmare of pain and ongoing problems for weeks, Dad was the same, ended up not eating in the evening, main meal of the day became lunch.

I stick to chicken, fish, not overly spicy, so may not be just the water. Garlic and ginger for me are a NO NO, even only a small amount. Diffucult when dining out, even when asking for none in the meal, got caught out recently, beautiful meal, but there must have been garlic in it, even though assured there wasn't, wondered after the first mouthful, it was soooo yummy, have to be careful even with onion, can upset me on the day.

Also cannot eat anything with cinnamon, seems to make me very bilious, love the taste, but pay a nasty price for the joy, only eat in the morning. 

Surprisingly I can eat tiny amounts of chili, almost not able to taste.

Indian lady told me its good for me, she was right, and I do use in my own dishes, even to sprinkling tiny dusting on omelets, and fritata, love my fritata, and such fun to mix up new versions, husband not so keen on chili hates it.

Seems to be such a contradiction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.