Minocycline or Natural?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I am a sixteen year old girl experiencing acne problems. I started having it last month. I didn’t really worry about it because on the first day, there was only one acne. But now, they are literally everywhere on my face! I have not experienced having this much acne before. I was thinking of going for natural remedies, but my friend recommended that I use this thing called ‘minocycline’. I don’t really know much about it, but she told me that it turned out very effective for her. I am afraid of the possible side effects, though. Which one is better, effective and a lot safer? Please help.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I recommend you use natural remedies. They are easy to make, effective, safer and very affordable! Most ingredients may be lying around your kitchen right now. The problem with minocycline is that it has a lot of bad side effects. Severe headache, unusual bleeding, blood in urine or stool and vomiting are just some of them! Also, if you check on the reviews on this, most people didn't get good results. Not only did the thing not work but also left them with terrible health problems. I highly recommend you use all natural remedies. 
  • Posted

Hi Abigail44712

It is best to use natural remedies to start with. Try this:

1. Remove all makeup with a fragrance-free wipe before bed.

2. Then wash your face with a cleanser containing salicylic acid, washing it off with cold water to open the pores. I am currently using Neutrogena Visably Clear 2 in 1 Mask.

3. With a cotton wool apply a toner to remove the excess dirt. I am using Boots Tee Trea Witch Hazel Toner.

4. Then moisturise your face.

Do this twice a day to ensure your face is always clean.

If this doesn't improve it after a few months visit your GP as I am prescribed Duac Daily Gel containing Benzoyl Peroxide and it really works. Always ensure your face is clean and drinking plenty of water.

• Posted

This is a medical website so please consult your doctor. I doubt if you can get minocycline without a prescription.

the sooner proper treatment starts the sooner you will be clear. Rejoice that these days there is effective treatment.  Yes there are side effects but they can be managed and have to be balanced against the outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.