Mirena & yeast infections

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having the Mirena since September 2014. October 2015, I started getting yeast infections and has had a hard time getting rid of them. I have been taking yeast medicine off and on since then. I have been to the doctor's office every month since June. She is now doing a 6 month treatment for yeast. I'm trying to find out if anyone has experienced this issue with the Mirena.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yeah I got it really bad for about a year. but my docter told me to do the pessary treatment for 10 days running, my partner had to take 2 tablets prescribed and I did literally have to change my whole diet and only wear cotten briefs, down to the shower gel I wash with and to be fair not its cleared up rightly. i do have the odd tinge but it's totally stress related. i dunno if that helps.the mirena definitely messed up my phbalance anyway sad it's a hateful thing to have

• Posted

Thank you. I decided to have it removed. I will see if things get better.
    • Posted

yeah if you are struggling I know lots of people that their body rejected it. sure what's the point in getting birth control that makes you so miserable that you can't do anything anyway. pointless. hope it eases for you soon. all the best. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.