Mirina coil

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does it work with endo? Any views thoughts welcome . Thankyou

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauren it caused me awful pain and I ended up removing it myself but some people respond well to it. Good luck! 
    • Posted

I'm in the same boat. My op is on October 5th and I am terrified. It's an evil disease. I am so sorry for your suffering, it's ruined my life for 7 years and I hope that the hysterectomy makes it better x

• Posted

Exactly the same as me . I had a beautiful set of twin girls and nearly died giving birth . That was nearly 8 years ago. Since then I have had extreme endometriosis. I'm 29 and panicking at the thought of a surgical menopause. What ever you choose to do seems to be the lesser of two evils .good luck on the 5th of October x

• Posted

I feel exactly the same, I still can't decide if I'm going to go through with it. I nearly died having my daughter 11 years ago, I had a crash Caesarian and we were both lucky. I started getting the pain about 8 years ago and since then it's been 3 surgeries, 3 stints on provera, Merina coil, MRI, ultrasounds, laser treatment on endo and the nerves in my pelvis, tramadol, codeine, gabapentin etc etc and my body is exhausted. I hate the idea of surgical menopause. I nearly fainted when the nurse was talking about how they pack the womb/vagina area with gauze after surgery and feel sick at the thought. It's funny the things that really bother you! That thought makes me feel ill.  I hate the thought of 'vaginal dryness' male doctors talk about it as if it's a sore throat but it sounds awful. Sorry for being so frank! 

Im thinking of delaying it and buying a TENS machine, they're meant to help pain. There are supplements which are meant to work well and I might go alternative and try acupuncture etc I feel that I have to try every avenue before I surrender my organs without any guarantee that it'll be a success. 

• Posted

No, it does not work with endo, or more specifically did not work for me.  I had the Mirena coil inserted in May following an endometrial ablation to help my heavy bleeding as the consultant stated it should help with any pain from endometriosis or suspected adenomyosis.  In actuality it gave me an ovarian cyst, as it did in 2014.  It is the previous ovarian cyst which has resulted in endometriosis on my right ovary, now I have another ovarian cyst on my left.   The Mirena coil cause too many problems, I removed it in September and I'm so happy that I did...avoid it at all costs.I still experienced painful sharp cramps at the area of the endometriosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.