Mirt withdraw advice please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi group

Advice if u can please, been on mirt 8 mnth, 15 for 3 mnth an 30 for 5,

Seen my pdoc last week to reduce, he said alternate 30-15-30-15 for a week so I'm on 15, I'm so anxious of withdrawals , please help, has anybody done it this way? So scared, this damn pill .....

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well, everyone is different and you'll have to see how it goes, but I should just warn you that withdrawal effects can be delayed by a few weeks. I tried a very small reductionvand was hit with the withdrawal effects, including brain zaps and muscle spasms, 2 weeks after I started and they just kept coming even after I went back to 30mg. So all I'm saying is, be careful and listen to your body.
    • Posted

Thankyou pixie for ur reply, ur right in what u say, my anxiety about withdrawal only kicked in when I made the decision to come off it, r u off them now then? xx
    • Posted

Sorry to report that I'm still on the 30mg. The muscle spasms aggravated my ME/CFS and left me really Ill and that has taken a long time to get over. But I am going to try again when I feel stronger. Actually I'm not in any particular hurry to get off the mirtazapine, because it's done me good with minimal side-effects. My psychiatrist said I could stay on it, but it's been 6 years and I'd like to feel I could do without it.
    • Posted

To be honest they av been a great med I think readin all the horror stories has made me want to get off them more, sorry to hear uve had a horrid time tryin to reduce, especially with ur other conditions, u must feel so awful at times, I wish u well pixie an thanx for chattin to me, wish we could all get off this rollercoaster lol xx
  • Posted

Hi Angela. I withdrew very slowly over six months. I had to buy a weighing machine and cut my tablets up down to 1 mg and I still got insomnia as a withdrawal going through th is now and been off for three weeks. Doing my head in. U may be ok. But my advise would be to taper slower. X
    • Posted

Wow u done very well susansasha, wot withdrawal symptoms did u have if it's ok to ask? I don't want to b on them forever, I got the cita chart an that's a really slow process, but it is what it is, thanks for ur reply oh an well done for gettin off them, xx
    • Posted

Just insomnia and itching. But itching gone now. I had to taper over six months. I would definitely advise this. I hope u get on ok. My doc said mirt was not addictive. He was wrong. X
    • Posted

Ov course they are otherwise we could just stop no problem, who r we to tell a doctor other wise, well I did!! An she referred me to a psi who actually listened to me, wow, it was a revelation, but again he told me there were no withdrawals that his patients av reported, oh wot to do, could u tell me how u done it? Sorry to b a pain, how long where u on them for? Thanks so much for ur help xx
    • Posted

Hi Angela. I was on 30 mg for six months. I had a breakdown. I suffer from anxiety. I then went to 15 mg for about four weeks. Then split tablet to 7.5 mg. Then I reduced by a mg a week and I did have some sleepless nights. I think now I should have waited until I was ok then dropped. Just reduce very slowly. U may be lucky and not get any withdrawals. Do it in your own time. I have had some awful days. But on good days and try and do as much as I can and enjoy the good days. I hope this helps. Susan x
    • Posted

Aww bless ur heart, hope ur doin much better now, did u go straight to 15 from 30 or do 22.5? They r a great med to b fair, but they created my anxiety which I didn't av before I took them, so frustrating, do u take anythin in it's place or r u free from all meds? They want to put me on something else but I'm not keen lol, just want off them, thanx for ur help Hun, best ov health to u xx
    • Posted

Hi Angela I went from 30 to 15 and was ok. I found the lower the mg the harder it is. In was only on mirt nothing else. I wouldn't go on anything else unless u are not sure u can cope without anything. Do what's right for u. I hope this insomnia is over soon. You take care and take things slow. Xx
    • Posted

Hi, may I ask about the weighhing machine?  I'm going to need one if I can't get liquid form when I start to wd.  Can you give details please?  

Many thanks smile

• Posted

Hi go on amazon and put in mg weighing machine. It should bring them up. Mine is called smart weigh digital jewellery scale. It measures mg. Good luck x
    • Posted

hey that was quick - many thanks Susansasha x

• Posted

Ha ha! Hope it helps u. There seems to be so many of us in this situation. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.