Mirt Withdrawal Abdominal Cramps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Out of all the symptoms that I have had while withdrawingfrom mirt, the one that has been the worse, and hardest to seem to shake is the abdominal cramps / pain. I am on my third and las time coming off mirt, and each time that I went back on it was because I couldn't deal with the abdominal pains. They cause lack of sleep, fatigue, anxiety, and stress. Each time that I went back on the mirt, all the abdominal symptoms were gone withing a few days. I had to get off the drug the last time because of heart rhythm problems that I was already on heart meds to control. My cardiologist took me off them this time for good. So, going back on the mirt is no longer an option. My question is has anyone had significant abdominal cramps coming off mirt, and if so, how long before any relief? This time I have been off a little over 4 months. Thanks for reading and any response is appreciated. David

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi David

Yes I had really bad cramps coming down from 45mg to 15mg of mirt.

I cant get off the 15mg but I have been told by my doctor I have to get off the last 15mg in the next two weeks not looking forward to it.

I have had lots of checks on stomack problems so I know that when I get the pain now its withdrawal and there is nothing seriously wrong.

Thats how I am going to try and get through it

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Lynne, thank you so much for the response. I was on 45 mg for 8 years, and 2 years ago I started trying to get off them. And like I said, abdominal cramps/spasms have been the worst of it. I was at the ER March 17th, and had to be given Morphine for the pain. It isn't that bad now, but I am still having the cramps, mainly on both sides just under my ribs. I had 2 CT scans last June, and another when I was in the hospital ER in March, all of the abdomen, and all were normal. Are you still having the pain, and where is it located? I wish you well and Godspeed in your healing. Your Friend, David
    • Posted

Hi David

Yes Ive had a CT and an endoscope all was clear.

My pain is also just under rib cage I have been given pills for acid reflux

I have to keep a food diary and improve my diet they say its anxiety related and maybe a bit of IBS

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Good morning Lynne! I have been told the same thing, but since I am 4 months off mirt, I still feel like that may be a part of it as well. The last couple of days has been bad, and last night I didn't sleep very well because of the pain. Does this seem to be affecting your bathroom habits as well?

Thanks for your reply, and I wish you well.

• Posted

Hi David

Thought I'd chime in here I found that lansarapole and busupan helped when I got tummy cramps

Only lasted a week or so

Uve done so well have been reading your posts they are a great comfort

Hopefully this will all be a bad memory for you soon

S x

• Posted

I was given busupan but you can only take it for two weeks no longer.

It was ok but no use for long term problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.