Mirtazapine 15 mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on mirtazapine 15mg anight for 4 days l weak up feeling very tired and out of it and you very vulnerable and panicky is this how it should be and does it get better or not . i hope it dose

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Waking up tired and out of it is a pretty normal side effect of Mirtazapine for a lot of people and I've had the same happen to me.

I've never felt panicky and vulnerable on it but hopefully these will fade away as your body adjusts to it. Good luck and hope all goes well with you moving forward!

• Posted

Thanks I was on citalopram for 17 years I came off it because I feel like it was not working any more for me and put me on mirtazapine 15 mg in Took it for 11 days I stop it because it made me to out of it all day so dr put me on tranzdone 150 mg a day for two weeks but got no sleep for a week and half so stop got back to mirtazapine 15 mg for last 4 days
  • Posted

I too was prescribed 15mg and felt the same way about being out of it. I started snapping the pills in half to make 7.5mg which worked better. Also I take them 3 hours before going to bed.
  • Posted

Hi try and ask your doctor if there is any other medication you can take to take away your anxiety.....aripiprazole did the trick for me....I don't feel restless or anxious anymore....

• Posted

Ok thanks I have been taking propranolol to keep me calm I take 20 mg in a morning and 20 mg at night
    • Posted

Maybe you just need to updose....I was on ten....didn't feel so good....so he put me on 15.... it took a while but once it kicked in I felt a lot better....

• Posted

I lasted three weeks before i just went cold turkey. i felt so ill with so many side effects that i decided i could no longer cope with the drug and quit. i was on them for depression and boy after about ten days without - i began to feel my old self again. not the man without depression - that was still there, but you don't actually realise how awful you feel whilst taking the drug until you stop.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.