Mirtazapine 30mg and Venlafaxine 150mg (just increased) advice please regarding anxiety!

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI I have been on the above meds now for a few weeks for treatment of post natal depression and anxiety! Initially I was on the Mirtazapine alone which didn't seem to help therefore my psychiatrist added in the Venlafaxine at 75mg and i can honestly say it brought me back to myself and shifted all my anxiety and depression! However last week I had a relapse in symptoms and I have had crippling anxiety which I have had to resort to taking diazapam 5mg when required! Therefore after a discussion with my psychiatrist yesterday he has increased my Venlafaxine dosage to 150mg! I am wondering whether anybody is on this combination and will the increase lift my anxiety as I cannot stop worrying and I think this is the anxiety making me worry so much and I have constant anxiety which is awful and crippling!! I just want to feel how I felt a few weeks back! Advice would be greatly appreciated!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlotte

I haven't been on the two combined but it sounds like the venlafaxine is helping but the Mirt wasn't the one for you as much

Why not ask your doctor if you can go down a little on the Mirt ? Try 22,5 for a week and see if the anxiety won't go down a bit sometimes people get some anxiety with Mirt at 30. So try to very easy move to 15 Mirt. The Effexor I think is what is helping you. Keep steady. Use the benzo for anxiety relief. We have a Facebook support page if you want to join we have twenty people to help support you

Pm me and I can direct you to the site.

Hugs

Hang in there we all have been there it's rough but you'll get there! ❤️

• Posted

hi charlotte i was on this combination for a while but was on venlaxafine for many years , it worked for my depression but did nothing for my anxiety , if you find that the effexor or venlaxafine as its the same isnt working , dont stay on the effexor to long as the withdrawels from this med are horrible , probally the worst med to withdraw from , i have spent a year trying to withdraw from this med with so many side effects , gps will tell you that it has very bad withdrawel side effects , but it has helped a lot of people , as for the matazapine i found i knock me out and made me eat averything did ease my anxiety slightly but i wasnt on it that long to give it a real chance to work  , take care
  • Posted

First I want to say I feel your pain as I have server pnd and anxiety . I think the anxiety is causing the depression at the moment . My baby is 6 months how old is yours? I'm affraid there is no quick fix and you will go up and down. How do u feel? I feel like I'm in a numb bubble like a dreamy haze does this sound like u ? Kind of dizzy? It's awful and I'm so scared when alone x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.