Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all, just after some advice really. I'm on sertraline 50mg but recently the vivid dreams are getting quite unsettling and kick start the anxiety. A few people have mentioned going on to Mirtazapine for the anxiety. Does anybody have any experience of that medication ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have experience with Mirtazapines, I was on 45mg, I found that this Anti-Depressant did not help, but different people have different needs.

Mirtazapines made me feel even more anxious than I was before, so my GP moved me onto 50mg Sertraline for a week and then 100mg Sertraline.

I recommend that you try the 100mg Sertraline as it's starting to make a difference on me! You may get dizzy or feel depressed at the start but stick with them.

Jake

• Posted

Thanks jake , yeah I've read a bit about mirtazapine used mainly for depression. As I don't have that condition, more like General anxiety disorder, I'm more inclined to stick with sertraline. I'm back at my GP on the 4th may , where I intend to ask about upping to 75mg for a while and then may be up to 100mg a few months later, to keep any further side effects to a minimum.
    • Posted

That seems like the best thing to do, The side effects I find common is Yawning and Shaking, these will go after about 1-4 weeks.

Take care of yourself! 

• Posted

Amazing how different types of side effects hit people in different ways. The yawning I actually got very used too .... the biggest side effect I find is butterfly in the tummy , or being on edge. But maybe that's because I've not found the right dosage yet. You too Jake, keep fighting the fight , look after yourself.
    • Posted

I got butterfly in the tummy but I liked it haha, and yes I get very paranoid  some days while on these. 

Message me if you need any advice or help my friend!

• Posted

Likewise jake. I know some rocky days are always to be expected .... I mean , life still continues to kick us all on a daily basis. Last year was lovely though , I keep a diary to log my good and bad days, only 5 bad last year. But 4 already this year.
    • Posted

Hi Richards I am currently crossing over from setraline to mirtazapine I also have gad I find mirtazapine help with sleep I'm only on 15 mg but also take 50mg quietipine for gad works wonders. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.