mirtazapine and exercise

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi just wondered if anyone has had problems re. more aches and pains while doing exercise and on mirtazapine? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey there. I definitely noticed an increase in muscle and joint pain. I suffer with various joint pain and also have tmj and while on mirt it aggravated it. I've been off mirt for less than a week and have been in more pain. I definitely had to cut down physical exercise
  • Posted

Yes Orangedog, I felt more joint and muscle pain during exercise.  I also felt it more difficult to excercise due to the weight gain.  I now get general aches and pains just from everyday activities.  
  • Posted

hi yes i have then i was taking then more pain killers then thing got so i couldnt be bothered to do any more then because i wasnt doing has much the pains started to go away but im trying to wean my self off the evil stuff now and thats a job in its self had some real bad wd.
  • Posted

Hi Orangedog. I'm on mirtazapine almost 2 years. I exercise about 1-2 times a week. For those experiencing any pain I recommend to slow down a little and focus more on stretching, izometry, massaging your muscles, and relaxation. I don't have any pain, but I know that if I would push exercise at any cost I would have it. Exercising is not only about pumping iron and running, even if I do that once in a while. Much better is to stay in bed, stretch and massage yourself and relax by flexing one muscle group for up to 10 seconds and then let go. My advice is don't jump on studying some special techniques and try to do it by someone else's routine. Just do what feels good, and what you feel that will do some good for you. And base all other activity on that. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.