Mirtazapine and numb fingers and toes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone know if Mirtazapine causes peripheral neuropathy (numb fingers / toes)?

I've been taking 45mg for 3 years, with good results after the grotty first 2 weeks, but over this time I've also gradually lost feeling in my toes and fingertips. I am not diabetic which can cause these symptoms.

I've been tried on several different antidepressants over many years and had to come off them due to side effects but I haven't come across this numbness before.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes it does . Text book affects the extremities of your body. I was on it for back pain but hated it
    • Posted

Thanks gazs, can you tell me where I can find more information about this please?
  • Posted

Hi there, I saw your post and think I might have something similar.

Been on mirt for a month and doubled the dies yesterday and have noticed cold numb little fingers. Did you sort your self out and was it the tablets?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.