mirtazapine withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

This is day 17 of tapering from 45g to 30g alternate nights 22.5g and odd nights skipping it.  So far i've had no withdrawal symptoms.  I know it's early days and have to be careful, I just wanted to share my experience so far and perhaps give a glimmer of hope to anyone out there!  Also my stagnant weight has finally shifted.  Coincidence?  I'll keep in touch.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your journey. I have only recently been put on Mirtazapine and being in my psychiatrist says I will need to be on it for 2 years£. It is definitely doing a good job but I do wonder already about coming off it so please co tinue to share your experience and the best of luck. Maggie

• Posted

Heather, It is so good to hear that you are managing to reduce the dose without any withdrawals.  I sincerely hope this continues for you, and thank you for posting something positive.  My story is not the same as I have 3 times tried to reduce and the horrendous withdrawals were immediate, so I have given up yet again.  However, I have been taking them for 14years so my brain chemistry has been seriously altered.

I wish you continued success on your journey.  Have a lovely day ;-)

• Posted

Hi Julie

So sorry to hear about your difficult time coming off Mirt' (3 times - nasty).  Not everyone can manage like Heather (above) seems to be.  I hope it goes well for you Heather.

I have sent you a private message Julie.

Wishing you well x

• Posted

Really pleased for you. How long were you on Mirtazapine? Keep us posted. Maggie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.