Mirtazepine/Remeron 15mg ???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello has anyone been on or has been on 15mg of mirtazipine and found it's better than upping the dose ?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated I've just started this for Gad and depression thank you πŸ’

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, Louise. I started with 15 mg of Mirt last September and the dose has been gradually increased, to the maximum of 45 mg. I also need Pregabalin and am feeling much better. I do however feel sick sometimes and have Diazepam to stop the vomiting.

Looking forward to reducing all these medications so I can feel and get back to normal, and have a g + t !!

• Posted

Hi thats what I have been prescribed as well . I am looking atm for positive reviews on it as I heard some people had gained some weight because of it. Hope it works well for you . take care
    • Posted

Hi adrian have you started the mirtazipine yet ?? Tonight will be day 3 for me... how you getting on ? 🌷
    • Posted

Hi , to scared to start them to be honest, but tonight I will really push myself, because I cant really live beeing housebound. Have you started yet? How do you find it??
    • Posted

Noticed that you already mentioned you are on day 3 ( anxiety playing lol) , Wanted to ask you if you are experiencing any of those side effects?
    • Posted

Hi adrian the first night I took it I slept solid for 10 hours the best sleep I've ever had all the following day I felt drunk but in a nice way and surprisingly very calm I'm really pleased so far fingers crossed now the food thing well let me tell you I have had more of an appetite but I watching what I eat trying to stick to healthy foods . I know what your going through about taking it I was mentioned to do this 4 months ago and Iwas just too scared to do it but I could not go on feeling so massively depressed and my anxiety was off the scale in the end I just waited till I was in bed really sleepy then took the tablet I'm so glad I did .you can do it as with all medications some work for one but not for another this could really help you 🌷
    • Posted

It doesn't sound too bad, I suppose they make you feel a bit fatigued but its the vivid dreams I'm scared off( sounds really childish) Some ppl are saying that it can take a while to start working I hope they don't take too long😊
    • Posted

No not childish we all have different fears...I have been having intense dreams but not bad ones which did get terrifying ones on venlafaxine I'd wake myself up screaming not nice at all ...I really hope if you do start mirtazipine you feel ok like I do πŸ’ 😁
    • Posted

Yup, I really hope it will become at least manageable as before. I wanted to ask you, What is your main condition?

I suffer more with panic attacks and anxiety than depression .

• Posted

All I want is mine to be manageable too...I mainly suffer general anxiety disorder formost which in turn causes my depression and get awful panic attacks have done for years ....I never thought I would say this but I am actually looking forward to going bed to have my next tablet something must be working 😊

Are you ready to try yours yet ? πŸ’

• Posted

I think that's my kind of story as well , the anxiety got that worst that it turned into depression and the panic attacks come from there, also alot of stress.

I think ill try your technique soon 😊

• Posted

I would get myself into a right state before even starting medication I read a lot about mirtazipine before I took it finding that these have a low side effect profile I had stopped living just exhisting ...you will have to let me know if you start it ! I find it really helps to talk to people on the same medication 😊 I wish you all the best πŸ’
  • Posted

Thank you for your replys I guess I will have to wait and see how I get on with the 15mg and go from there .I have read a lot of posts too about weight gain at this point though for me I just want to feel mentally well I shall cross that bridge if I have too good luck to you both take care πŸ’

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.