mirtazipine 45 mg advice needed !

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I am on 30mg mirtazipine been on this dose for nearly 7 weeks how long have people been on this dose before going up to 45mg ?? I stilll feel bad anxiety and depression . What should I expect when I up the dose ?? Any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time πŸ’

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I went up weekly from 15 to 30 to 45 under doctors instructions when Trazadone ddidn't do it for me. I have now been on 45 a month and feel a lot better. I do feel a bit more tired than I would feel is normal. I am in my mid 70s and hadn't been on anti depressants since my 20s so was rather shocked to find I needed them. Also I would need to be on them for a couple of years. However, so be it. I am certainly aware that I am looking forward to doing things rather than dreading the future which was truely horrid.Maggie
    • Posted

Thank you very much for your reply Maggie 😊 I do feel this dose is just not enough I shall book in at my doctors .It's nice to hear positive things for a change glad to hear that you are feeling better and I feel greatly encouraged by your post 🌹
  • Posted

I've been on 30mg mirtazapine with 225mg venlafaxine for several years, and that's been successful against depression and anxiety. So that's another alternative - to combine it with another antidepressant.
    • Posted

Hi pixie thanks for your reply I have literally come off venlafaxine 4 weeks ago was on it for 3 years for me it was like poison it didn't agree with me at all I do feel better for being off it had so many side effects with no benefit at all I'm hoping this mirtazipine will come good on the right dose 😁
  • Posted

Hi Louise! It's such a pity that it's a process of trial and error finding the right antidepressant because everyone is different in their reaction. I had one SSRI which made me feel terribly drunk - i remember lurching along the pavement from one lamppost to the next! I shudder to think what people thought of me! I hope you find the right one for you. Pixie.
  • Posted

Hi Louise

I was on 30 mg for 9 weeks and last week just upped the dose to 45 mg.

Was on sertraline before but that really didn't agree with me.

I did feel a little more anxious when I upped the dose for the first few days . but no worse than I did when I started on the 30mg. Hopefully will feel normal ish soon 😨

Rich x

• Posted

I had the same feeling when first on 45 but after the four weeks I had been on it I feel pretty good. I felt strongly tempted to stop taking it but I am glad I didn't. My main problem is still getting to sleep at night, I have zopiclone 3.75 but that doesn't knock me out immediately and I feel very restless for up to an hour even though I take it up to an hour before I go to bed. We are all so different! Maggie
    • Posted

Hi thanks Rich I'm definitely going to book a doctor's appointment to try to up the dose .Do you ever get like a rushing feeling sort of like your high ? I keep getting this it comes for about an hour or so then disappears.How are you feeling now on the 45mg ? 😊
    • Posted

Hi Louise

I don't unfortunately get the rushing feeling😒😒. I've been quiet calm today and my anxiety has been very low. Which is all good . It's only the 8th day since I upped to 45mg so early days yet. But today has been a good day. πŸ˜€.

Did you make an appointment with the doctors and ask about upping your dose?

• Posted

Hi well that rushing feeling but just be me then πŸ˜‚ glad your getting on with the 45mg gives me hope .

I still haven't managed to get in the doctors yet as it's not an a emergency going to try to get next week as I still keep getting bad anxiety and depression and I think I have given it enough time on this dose 😊

• Posted

hi,i'm on mirt 15mg. Been on 30 +Β  45 aswell but 15 seems to be for me.The 15 stopped my anx in it's tracks + was great for a few months then a wobble hence incr toΒ  30 (which made me ill) .Stayed with it but no change so upped to 45 which made me more ill.Hence reduction down to 15.15 is ok for me now -not 100% but life aint really 100% is it? 7 weeks seems a long time for your Mirt as it's one of the faster acting AD.A good source of info is your Pharmacist -i totally misjudged mine.In fact their knowledge is at times more "clued up " than GP's and when i was on zoloft last year for 10 weeks (which made ill) i talked to pharmacist as guess what-I cldnt get an appt with GP !
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I was told by me gp it's a faster acting antidepressant 2-4 weeks when I recently went back for a increase he said it was to early it takes 6-8 weeks !?!? I have no faith in doctors when I was on venlafaxine for 3 years I felt so ill and had constant heart palpitations to the point I thought I was gonna have a heart attack I kept going back and telling him this and was told its not your medication it's your anxiety well now I'm on mirtazipine I haven't had any !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.