Mirtazipine anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have always been a strong person who dealt with anything thrown at me, and believe me over the years I have dealt wth alot. I was prescribed Mirtazipine 30mgs which I felt was helping me with my sleeping but it wasnt addressing my depression and I was feeling very weepy at silly times of the day for no reason. My doc then told me to up my dosage to 45mgs per day which I have done. I was after some advice from anyone who is taking this dosage whether it helped them with anxiety as I am finding it increasingly difficult to cope with feelings of anxiety which seem to come over me for absolutely no apparent reason. My sleeping is better but it's just the anxiety and anxiousness which I am finding it very hard to cope with. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi have been taking Mirt. 45mg for the past 4 years. It helps me sleep has made me about a stone heavier and done nothing to relieve my GAD which was why it was prescribed. I have not found any anti depressant effective in relieving anxiety.

I also find Mirt 45mg at times gives me psychedelic 'light shows' and images before it 'knocks me out' at night. I do hope your experience will be better than mine, with all best wishes.

• Posted

Thanks Bendie. Atm it's a bit hit and miss! I have started a new job and I am having a bit of anxiety with starting a new job but taking one day at a time. It's all so strange for me as I have always been a very confident, throw anything at me kind of girl, but will persevere with them! Thank you foe your reply. It's always nice to find someone who can understand what I am going through! Xx

• Posted

Hi Sue I have found Citalopram quite useful in calming anxiety. Initially it can really increase the anxiety in fact sending it sky high. I got round this by starting it on a really low does ie cutting pills then increasing. It obviously hits the right areas for anxiety. It may be worth a try, however it won't help sleep, personally I would rather have less anxiety and less sleep rather than more sleep and more anxiety.

Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.