mirtazipine side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi ive been on mirtazipine for five month the past month been feeling dizzy bad stomach cramps and past week my hair is falling out and get stinging prickly heat feelings all over my body and my head its like i can feel the hair burning if anyone has any info would be appreciated thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi been taking 45mg for over 3 years still depressed and anxious I found it the anti depressant with least side effects at first and easily tolerated. Later (I was pretty bad when I began taking it) I noticed side effects such as psychedelic light shows in my head I substantiated this because my partner took one tab. And it had the same effect. We have to face these things are powerful drugs and the 'prescribers' have no idea what we suffer because of them I would like to survive without them but that's what it would be survival!.

Good luck.

• Posted

hi manofstel.  (like  the name).......re hair falling out etc.  with these symptoms, it's important to  have your thyroid & b12 levels checked.  
  • Posted

hi caitlin thanks for commenting why do you think that do you think i should start fish oil supplements and b vitamin tabs ?
    • Posted

hi manofsteel.  EFA & B complex vits. are always a good addition to a well balanced diet.

i say to have ur thyroid & B 12 levels checked as the symptoms u describe can be caused by these 2 conditions amongst, of course, a host of other conditions. however, these 2 are easily eliminated by blood tests & history taking.  sadly if left undiagnosed/untreated, they can wreack havoc with one's health. they are both auto imune conditions and often co exist. do have a look @  the Pernicous Anaemia Society website.  they  have  a very accessible symptom check  list that you can check against your own symptom picture.  also, both conditions are knowledgeably discussed on the HealthUnlocked discussion forum/s. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.