Mirtazipine taper

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi it's been a while.I am now on 9mg or 0.6ml, down from 15mg , started taper in may

this year. It's taken a while but at least im getting off faster than I was, now doing a steady

5% every 2 wks.Even if I'm not feeling brill I will make a cut as I never seem to

hit the point of feeling brill anymore-prety good is about the best I ever get now while

on mirt.Many days of awful aches-esp lower back , legs and all over.Nausea most

days and terrible lethargy and weight gain -I look like a pregnant man.

Can anyone tell me at what dosage the aches go and the weight stops

piling on?? It would be great if , after one gets to a certain dosage the side effects were

negligible.Last year I worked on mirt but I don't work anymore and could not

hold down a job.Anyone else tapering ?? Persevere !!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Plainden !  

I'm still tapering also.  Glad to hear you're doing OK with the tapering; sometimes its about coming to terms with taking it slow isn't it?  We're all different so there's no generalisation, but good news is, once below 7.5 it got better for me, so you're not far away, 8.25 then 7.5 is it?  

I don't know about the aches and pains, I get up and go walking every morning and it totally lifts me, although I do have a dog to walk, its a life choice but I'd recommend it, even in the awful weather.  I fight the lethagy pretty damn hard, once I get going I'm ok.  I'm at 1 mg now ... still a few more drops to go then who knows ugh ...

Wishing you well.

• Posted

Hello Calmer

I'm still on this long tapering journey and am following you down the road! Now on 0.1 ml (1.5mg). Seems such a tiny dose but I'll stick with the 10% drops til the end cos I know for me there is no other way. I must have been tapering for 6 months now. Yes the lethargy on some days is tough but like you I get out for a walk and it helps no end even though I have to make a big effort. One of the hardest things is waking up after a good day to a feeling that oh no the day ahead is going to be a challenge.  But that,s life!! Wishing you the best.

• Posted

Hi My Cloud !  

Great news you've got down low now.  Yes I'm kind of resigned to the fatigue/lethargy, like you I try and put mind over matter and get on with it.

Hope all goes smoothly now, I am finding a little more energy now, any improvement for you?  

• Posted

Hi Calmer.wow 1mg.I'm envious !! What's going be your tactic for 'jumping off' ? And when you do get off are you going to stick around.Hope you are well.

• Posted

The grand finale is all a little blurrey (like me when I'm on Mirt !! ).  I don't really have a tactic, just a strong determination that I'll be well !!  Of course I don't know if I'll get any kick back, but at least I'll have done my very best).  And yes, I'll stick around for a while.

I am ok with the taper really, I've had a few one off tummy runs, but nothing to keep from from going out.  Throughout the long taper, the biggest problem has been the fatigue, so nothing to major.  

Keep strong, we'll get there, you're not very far from me on the trail.  In fact I went 1.5 mg (0.07 ml) to 1.2 mg (0.08) to  1.05 (0.07) .... so you are only a few weeks behind me   smile  

Once below 0.09 its hard to differentiate on the syringe so I'm going down in two's i.e. 0.07, 0.05, 0.03, then 0.01 .... yikes !!

All the best Plainden 

• Posted

Calmer that's interesting. You must be on different liquid to me as mine has 15mg in 1 ml. Yes the 0.01 ml drops are getting more hit and miss with the graduations on the syringe!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.