misdiagnosed on my sinues

Posted , 4 users are following.

Went to ent yesterday and told him the pain I having in my nose. He looked in my nose and told me I have a deviated septum and in large terms in nose. He said if I have surgery and remove my deviated septum it will not stop the pain I am havng??? But I will be able to breath better. He thought maybe it's also facial pain. Please let me know if surgery helped you afterwards? I am trying to find out if surgery will help? I am so confused. JEANNIE4OO6

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm really sorry for what you are going through.  I've been dealing with sinus issues for three years.  As part of my sinus issues and to my surprise, I also had a deviated septum, which was fixed not removed during my first surgery, Please, before you have ANY surgery, get at least one, if not two more opinions from a reputable doctor that specializes in Otolaryngology.   Hopefully, you have already had a CT of your sinuses to see extaclty what is going on.  Best of luck to you!!!   

• Posted

Jeannie, definitely get a 2nd opinion, these Docs don't always get it right! Do some more research and when you are happy, then do what is best for you. All the best smile

• Posted

Hi Pat, I been to him last year also with the same problem.That is when he told me about my deviated septum . So I've been in pain before last year . If it was up to me I would be a heavy drinker to hide the pain. I asked him about surgery. If it would help me breath better. I usually get a second opinon but t

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.