Missed period stress? Lack of sleep ? cysts?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I'm 49 next month still menstruating regularly until last two months I have been 3 days early and this month it hasn't come (due on yesterday )I have been very very worried and not been sleeping due to concerns over complex cysts on my right ovary and would anyone think major worry and stress and lack of sleep could mean I may miss a period ? I am convinced I have ovarian cancer as I have complex cysts I wee frequently and am constipated. can anyone help me as I'm scared to death thankyou Michelle x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello flower

Stress has a BIG impact on your menstrual cycle

You will find that more thaan likely the stress is causing your irregular periods .

Go to your doctor and explain your concerns tell them exactly what your thinking dont leave anything out

One it may help just speaking to someone about it

Two they may givee you something to help with the anxiety

Three they can discuss your cyst problems with you

Xxx sarah

• Posted

Thank you for your kind reply I feel so alone in all this.ive been to the Drs and he gave me propanol to calm my anxiety it's helping a little,I'm so worried I'm not sleeping.i do know missed periods are an issue when stress is involved but I've never missed a period and I now have read OV the signs are missed periods too as well as the cysts I have.he said he understands my fears but my scan report didn't look like OV but I have 3 irregular thick walled cysts and there all signs of malignancy.i also have blood flow into them.it all just looks doom and gloom for me Sarah xxx
    • Posted

Hiya just let you know I started my work of today 3 days late xx
    • Posted

Hello again sorry about replying so late been at work

With your worries I think that the doctor would have told you and sent for more test if he thought the same as your self and I think that maybe your looking for symptoms that are not necessarily there although you have the cysts which unfortunately I dont understand how that feels but I hear that it is seriously unpleasant .

But when it comes to any form of cancer even if its aa scare doctors tend to me very hot on with it by this I am not saying nothing is wrong and I realy would suggest going back to your doctors and talking about your concerns

But as I say I think because of all the stress you are under at the moment I think that the stress is leading you a stray and its picking out just little bits of information rather than seeing the full picture but seriously speak to your doctor tell him everything get them to explain everything about the cysts you have the more information you have the better because some times its the not knowing that causes the most stress

Xxx

• Posted

Sorry I meant for it to say I come on this morning 3 days late !!and yes you are so right I have only googled what cysts look like and my sort of cysts come up as malignant but it's not the whole picture I understand.i have been to the Drs 3 times and asked for urgent referral but he said no.i said look at the structure of my cysts irregular borders and thick walls and he said I know but i can see nothing in this scan that suggests cancer ?!i said my cysts are irregular have blood flow and have thick walls and he just said a lot of benign cysts have this too ? I'm

Not convinced but I do suffer extreme health anxiety which doesn't help.i have reread your message and it makes a lot of sense thank you very much.i google everything and it's so bad to do this as

Convinced I am ill.thankyou so much Sarah for being so kind and letting me see things at a different angle I appreciate it very much thank you Michelle xx

• Posted

Morning yes

Sometimes you just need someone on the outside looking in and

GOOGLE is a big no no when it comes to illnesses it can convince you that your basic cold is ebola stay away from it your better on sites like these where you can ask the questions you want to ask rather than just reading all the bad things over the internet and automatically assuming the worst

And yeah if your doctor is refusing your referral you are okay smile

And its no problem at all happy to help my best friend Suffers with anxiety and we have conversations like this all the time .

Anytime you need to share your concerns or just even someone to talk to in general please feel free to message me at anytime .

I will reply as soon as I can

smile xxxx

• Posted

Thank you Sarah so much.i keep getting anxious thinking he doesn't know these complex cysts look bad when looked up as he hasn't researched them like me !! He's only a gp not a gyno,I wouldn't have known either if I didn't google about them.the scan lady asked when I was seeing the gyno next as j had scan jan 13th and I said feb 9th she said that's fine so I'm hoping if she saw anything more so auger she would have said you need to be seen sooner ? that's my only positive thing I can see and also my cysts haven't grown since novembers 1st scan but haven't shrunk either they're just the same size hoping this is a good thing too xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.