Mobility scooters, wheelchairs, etc.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Wondering if anyone with IS or Sacriolititis or other related illness and  who doesn't drive or have access to a vehicle,uses a mobility scooter or power chair?  

I am getting a travel mobility scooter (it breaks down into five pieces for a car trunk) to be delivered tomorrow.  I am so looking forward to the new mobility I'll have.  I've never driven so this will truly be my own little car.  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello...I bought a motorised wheelchair last year thinking I could zap around my home and garden unaided. Gosh I was wrong. The handset for speed seems stuck on "turbo"...no matter what I try it still zooms too fast.

I have crashed into walls and doors and now it sits in my office unused. I do wish I could master it as it has enormous potential for freedom...but I can't. I hope that you have more success than I did...otherwise use a "helmet and body armour'..lol

• Posted

Oh dear!  Perhaps there's a flaw in the joystick.  Have you called the company here you bought Speedy Gonzalez?  Or perhaps there's a mechanic in your town who could tune down his bionics!  I love mine so far.  It goes from Turtle to Rabbit because of the rain I've only had a chance to give it one test drive arounfpd our mobile home park. It's wonderful!  I do hope you try to find a solution to your chair's hyperness so that you two can become rolling friends.

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I live in a very remote area of Bali, Indonesia and I doubt anyone here has ever seen a motorised wheelchair let alone have the knowledge to fix it. The company are in China,, so maybe difficult to get their attention.  If it were a horse, the locals could fix the problem...stop feeding it oats for a start...lol  What can I do...I need a car park to practise in but that would be about a four hour drive to get there.....ho hum...back to the drawing board.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.