Mole worry

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, afew days ago I felt a bump on my scalp , when I looked it was like a small mole brownish but not dark . It's slightly raised but doesn't hurt at all. I went to the doctor who wasn't concerned and said it wasn't the big 'C'. But I can't seem to believe the doctor as my health aniexty is really bad at the moment , I feel I have no control over it at all , I lost my dad 6 years ago very sudden and have suffered this since.

I've 3 children and all I think of is them but my aniexty takes over my life and I start to panic , I can't talk to anyone incase they think I'm mad .just want to talk to someone who feels like me sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

ABCDs of mole: 

A - asymmetry (y or n)

B- Border (smooth or unven)

C - Color (single shade of brown/black or variety)

D - small (like pencil eraser or larger)

Answer these. 

• Posted

D - Diameter (small or larger)
  • Posted

Hi,

Any moles or lumps and bumps on the head could make you fear for the worst.

I have been through it myself this year.

I had 5 moles on my body cut out for biopsy, all under local anaesthetic and painless. Then my wife noticed a few suspect areas on my scalp, after having my hair cut.

Back to dermatologist who photographed my scalp. She didn't feel there was any concern but will monitor the area.

They are very good at spotting suspect moles and would act quickly to investigate if there was the slightest doubt.

Mike.

• Posted

Thank you for replying , it's awful ! I say a mole but it's more like a scab but the doctor didn't seem concerned he just told me too keep an eye on it but it's making my aniexty even worse now and I'm getting more symtoms

• Posted

Hi,

More symptoms?

Do you mean more symptoms of skin cancer? What are they?

If you are making yourself more anxious then you will begin to suffer from episodes of fear, perhaps even anxiety itself.

If you are so convinced that you really do have cancer then you need to talk to someone close to you, perhaps consider contacting the dermatology clinic in your nearest hospital for arranging a private consultation to put your fears at rest.

Mike.

• Posted

Dear Louise15240: I have sore spots on my scalp that itch. I have psyriaosis. The doctor gave me a script for medicated shampoo but I couldn't afford it so I bought something over the counter and it stinks! But it seems like it's helping!  Maybe you should see another doctor! Or ask the pharmacist for something! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.