Molluscum Contagiosum ON MY FACE!! Help! :( [also, details on how to kill them!]

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'll keep this as short as possible, for your sake. NSFW; medical details.

1) 2-3 small pimples showed up on the base of my penis a good 8-9 months ago. Pimples, so what, I've had them before. I popped them and called it a day.

2) More pimples showed up a week or two later. Popped them too. Then more showed up. I realized something was up after a couple of months of this.

3) Researched a LOT and discovered I had/have Molluscum. I freaked out of course. I have anxiety and depression issues as it is, lol, this is just what I needed.

4) What worked and didn't work for me? ACV KILLS THEM! First I laid a trash bag down before bed, cut the bottom off, and pulled it over my wasit like a skirt. I laid cotton pads all over my shaft, testicles, and inner thighs. I went to sleep and woke up on my side with the cotton pads all over (some slid down my leg, some under my butt, etc etc) and ACV burns everywhere. My balls were burned particularly bad. My skin got hard, wrinkly, and dark red and scabbed over. It sucked, bad.

After that catastrophe I decided to just try removing the cores. I used rubbing alcohol to sterilize tweezers, I used latex gloves, and cotton pads. I used tweezers to pop each molluscum 'boil' and remove the core, then I doused the area in rubbing alcohol, then applied Neosporin, then put on a Band-Aid for 2 days. Lo and behold, all 20-30 Molluscum bumps HEALED UP!! Over the next 2 months I only had two return, and I removed those two with the tweezer method and they healed too!!

I thought I was home free! Nope. A month or so later I had a bump on my back. Then two. Then several patches. F*ck.

I cut up cotton circle pads (like women use for makeup?) and used duct tape to hold them on my back. I used a medecine dropper and soaked each little cotton piece in Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). I did this 3 nights, rested a night, and did it 2 more nights. On the smaller molluscum I saw immediate results the next morning. There was a little black dot on each bump where the molluscum was dying. I was so excited. The bigger bumps took several nights to see a difference and they healed up uglier.

Also, the duct tape caused bad dermatitis or acne to happen and my skin went crazy. It itched so bad and I had red squares where the duct tape had been. Weeks later and all the molluscum have died on my back, for the most part.

Then a bump appeared on my neck. I didn't shave for a week and a half until I saw a dermatologist. She gave me the "we can't do much, you don't want wart cream on your face, they will heal by themselves as you build immunity."

I started a job Monday and had to shave. Boy are the molluscum spreading everywhere. A couple bumps on my forehead but mostly all over my cheeks and neck. I have to shave every day! I used a disposable razer that I toss after every shave. I scrub my face with rubbing alcohol every shave. Nothing helps, they keep spreading. All I can do is pop and sanitize each bump as they appear. I can't use ACV on my face over night because I'll have ACV burns everywhere and I'll still be shaving so the Molluscum will keep spreading.

I found 2 molluscum on my taint, 1-2 on my butt cheek, 1-2 on my back, and 2-3 on my chest. I pop them, sanatize them, cover them. They go away but a couple more pop up within a week or two.

For months I have been taking 1,000mg garlic, 25k IU beta carotene, 13bil probiotic, a mens multivitamin, and omega-3 fatty acid. Every day.

I can't wash my towel every time I shower because I use a laundry mat and can't afford to buy 7 towels right now or go to the laundry mat every 3 days.

I'm basically f*cked. Yes, I can get rid of molluscum bumps with the tweezer method, yes acv kills individual bumps, but they spread anyway.

I'm living in a new city and I can't go make friends or talk to women because I have these contagious virus bumps all over my face and body.

I have to keep shaving so they will keep spreading across my face at the very least.

It's been around a year and my body still hasn't built an immunity to molluscum.

I don't know what the f*ck to do. I'm so depressed over this. It's really hard to live with and no end in site with a guarantee it's going to get worse (thank you shaving).

Any advice or answer? I doubt it but I'd appreciate absolutely anything anybody has to offer.

Thank you.

-Savvy

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

*I apologize for any typos and grammatical errors. I hadn't planned on typing so much.

Also, details about myself: I'm male, 27 years old, and live in South Carolina now. I've had Molluscum for around a year now and it isn't going away.

Thanks again for reading.

• Posted

Sorry for my english, I'm from East Europe. I have the same problem like you but I m female. And I have 26 years. Do you see some changes? I have tried everything on my skin and NOTHING. I feel like I m dying. 
  • Posted

In case anybody finds this thread from searching the inter webs I figured I’d give a quick summary of what happened to me. I’m writing this over a year later after beating Molluscum so details are a little hazy. I don’t know the date that I saw my last bump but I can tell you what I did. Maybe what I did got rid of the Molluscum, or maybe they went away on their own. Who’s to say.

1) I used a brand new towel every shower. I never took a bath. I always dried off my body saving the areas with Molluscum for drying off last. I would pat-dry areas with bumps.

2) I used sterile disposable gloves for the following. A new pair every time. I got an x-acto blade (craft scalpel), tweezers, and a needle. I used rubbing alcohol to sterilize my tools between every bump. I’d pop each bump and carefully wipe away whatever came out with a brand new Kleenex or paper towel or whatever. Always make sure you get the seedy little white bead thing out of each bump. Sterilize the area with rubbing alcohol. I then put a tiny dab of antibiotic ointment (Neosporin) on the wound from the bump followed by a small bandaid if possible. (Genitalia was hard to make a bandaid stick but I tried every time anyway.

After being super diligent with immediately exterminating bumps as they appeared, they finally went away. I don’t know when the last one appeared. Part of the process was to stop stressing out about the Molluscum. Stressing about my condition didn’t help. When I stopped stressing, the bumps went away eventually.

I’m not a doctor. Idk if what I did helped. But I’m now Molluscum free, years later. What a f***ing nightmare. I hope none of you ever have to deal with it.

Good luck and my heart goes out to anybody struggling with this condition.

• Posted

Hi Savvy, 

?Looks like the only way to get rid of them is to remove the core (Virus).  Your method is curettage from what I read.  after removing them, did any new one pop up?  how long did you leave the bandaid on after removing them?  I want to try this method but i'm afraid it might get infected.

• Posted

Try salicylic acid. I have it on my face, on different spots on my upper body, genital area, and scalp. This has been the only thing I've found that kind of helps. I use 17% you can find it at Walmart in the wart removal section. I just put it on the spots every day and every night. It does burn a bit and once it dries down I put pieces of duct tape over the ones on my body (I will sometimes put the duct tape on my face at night). You have to be patient it will take time to go away, sometimes my bump will go away in four days sometimes two weeks. If it's coming to a white head you're almost in the clear. And I hate to break it to you but the towel things important if they ate all over, or use paper towel to dry off. Also your face ones won't heal if you keep shaving, I'm sorry to tell you.

• Posted

Hi,

Can you explain in detail on how to apply salicylic acid 17% on bumps in the gential area? Do you use the liquid or gel salicylic acid? Do you wash it after each application?

• Posted

So it's been harder to treat it down stairs but I have been doing it for my partner for some time and this is what we do. Get the gel, it lasts way longer and is more effective. So take a shower, dry off well, and apply a little with a cu tip on each bump. Leave it on, it will burn and turn white. We do it every morning and night and he showers every day, just repeat this and they will eventually go black then disappear. Be patient, it takes forever.

• Posted

Does this work on the small bumps as well or just the big ones?  I taped the cotton soaked ACV but nothing happened yet.  I'm going to try one more night to see if this small bump changes.  I'm not even sure if the small one is MC.  I'm just apply ACV anyway.  Better be safe then sorry.

• Posted

I actually find that it rids of the small ones quicker. Please keep in mind this stuff will scar and it's not awesome. This is just what has helped me.

• Posted

So the small one finally scabbed after 3 days of taping.  I don't mind having scars down in genital area.  I just want to get rid of this and have sex again. lol. I saw another bump but not sure if it MC.  Well i'll tape it tonight as well.

• Posted

So another word of advice if you've just got them down there, ask your doctor to dab each spot with tca, it's a acid. With mine they cover the surrounding skin with Vaseline (so it doesn't burn it) and then dab each spot with the tca till they turn white they usually go away after a week for me. Best of luck, I'm a little jealous that you just have it down there. I don't even care about sex anymore, I just want to be able to touch my own body again..

• Posted

what is TCA? You mentioned it's a acid but what is the full name?  So today I found another bumps that is hiding in the pubic hair.  God!! it's never ending.  I still have dried scabbed all over my genital.  We can they just popped all at one so I can treat it at the same time.  I've been having pimples lately as well.  I went to Dr. and he told me I don't have it anymore like a three weeks ago and yet I keep discovering bumps in that area.  I can't really trust dr. anymore.

• Posted

Hi, is there any way we can get in contact and help eachother through this? I just want to know how someone is doing with it and when they..or we can beat it. And how long it takes. If you wouldn't mind, contacting me and we can chat over private messages or something? There's all these people who post that they have it, but disappear and you never find out if they beat it. So I want to send this message to as many people as possible. Please let me know if your willing to talk with me. I'm so utterly scared. Thank you..

• Posted

Trichloroacetic acid, ask your doctor about it. They can scrap your bumps and test them for molluscum which I recommend if you haven't yet.

• Posted

Do they have a way to do it on this? I would be willing to chat but don't feel comfortable sharing my personal social medias or email. However if you know of anything else that can be set up for people suffering with this I would be interested.

• Posted

This is my first time hearing it.  Did it work?  Are you MC free now?  I have dermatologist appt. next month and i'll will ask him for that.  thanks for the information!

• Posted

Hi Andy, I think emailing would be another way to contact with each other if you don't want to discuss it on here.  I checked this website twice a day sometimes more.  It's important to us to stay contact.  I felt so much better just by writing and reading threads on this forum.  it gives me hope which I think everybody needs to have in this situation.

• Posted

So I have mc almost all over. My gyno was willing to treat my stuff down there to make my life easier. My general doctor refuses to treat it on the rest of my body because "it will eventually go away on its own". So my gyno does it on my down stairs and it does work. It takes a week or two after treatment to kill it off. Make sure he apply it till the head turns white, warning it will burn but it works. She puts Vaseline around the surrounding skin to make sure she doesn't burn me. Make sure it burns when they put it on or else they put to mug Vaseline.

• Posted

So, just one time TCA treatment?  Not sure if dermatologist would do that.  Is MC on your scalp gone?  I've been dealing with this for over a month now and I have to be out of town for few weeks.  It would be hard for me to continue my treatment.  I want this going away so bad.  

• Posted

Simply saying what has worked for me, again I have not found a doctor out where I live that will treat the rest of my body so no I still have it on my scalp. I've been dealing with this for a year now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.