Mom 80 copd and minor heart problem on oxegyn 24 7

Posted , 7 users are following.

Mom sleep around 20hrs a day says still cant breath properly tired even to go to washroom WHY and what can I do very worried daughter

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Maybe she needs a higher flow of oxygen. I do not know a thing about it but you can ask the medical community if they know of ways you can help her clear mucus from her lungs if that is a problem.

Strive to learn more about her condition and accept the things you will not be able to help her with. Maybe a medical equipment potty beside the bed would make sense?

When possible leave the worry behind. One of the best things you can do is allow yourself to be loving and happy often.

• Posted

Hi we cän't really help without more information.  What stage is she?  Is she under a consultant and what does s/he say?  What does her doctor say?  What are her circumstances?  Does she have carers?  etc.

• Posted

By the sounds of it she's is in stage 4 like my mom and nothing you can do at this point . So sorry

• Posted

denise68087 My mom is stage 4 and I was wondering some things. She can't hardly breath she sleeps on and off all day. She has bad indigestion nausea.

• Posted

Is she on oxegyn? How old?. My moms on 24 hour oxegyn and can't breathe. Can't barely walk now. Sleeps on and off all day and now the dementia is starting. Very hard . Wanders the house at nite

• Posted

She is on 2 liters of oxygen.and also is 51 yrs old. Since October of last year she just can't get better. She is always sick. The past 2 weeks she has felt so bad. She said the only time she feels okay is when she's asleep. She is even talking about if she doesn't feel better she's going to do something bad to herself.

• Posted

I feel so helpless. I dint know what to do at all. Her heart rate will always be over 127. When she's up its 155.

• Posted

I'm so sorry that she is so young. Unfortunately unless she can exercise which doesn't sound like she can there's not much you can do. My mom is on hospice 7 months now nut also has heart problems mini strokes and rapid heart rate. 

• Posted

You must get that heart rate down! Mine started at 135 when I was on Chemo for cancer at 24/7. My COPD Pulmanologist put me on Atenol 1/2 

pill twice a day. Now my heart rate has not been over 80 bpm. These are B/P meds and can effect the COPD in bad ways? It aggraved me the way all doctors seemed to ignore that fast heart rate. I kept insisting about my high heart rate and then a hospital stay showing heart attack made some take notice and the low dose atenol has worked. Hope this may help you.

• Posted

I think your best bet June is to speak with your Mom's doctor / consultant about your Mom's situation, communicate the same as you have posted here and put it to them the why and what you can best do to help her.

Best wishes V

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.