Mona Lisa Touch procedure

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have decided to try the ML procedure. Does anyone have any comments about its beneficial results.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Mary,

i am 4 1/2 weeks post treatment and very happy with the results. The skin is plump and pink again. I had been dealing with tearing and itching for about five years. Finally received a diagnosis three years ago. Things just kept getting worse, i was to the point of toilet paper causing tears when i wipped. My husband and I were only able to be intimate, then i would spend a week recuperating. I was very pesimistic about it, but it was worth every penny.

• Posted

Really?!?

Have you had only one treatment?

Is there a chance it will put the LS in remission? Are you using Clobetasol or anything?

I will have first treatment in two weeks. I've only read about good results.

• Posted

I have had three treatments, six weeks apart. I was using clobetasol (sparingly) prior to treatment, only when I had a tear. I have been told that clobetasol can cause the skin to thin further and become more fragile, so I was afraid of it and only used it when I absolutely had to. A friend told me her doctor said it was very strong. Now, I do not need any clobetasol the skin is much more plump, I cannot see it myself, but my husband reports it is pink and not pale like it used to be. I did a lot of searching before treatment to see if there were any long-term side effects and couldn't find anythin, I guess because it's so new. The only things I saw were positive. I decided to go for it, I felt like I had nothing to loose. I have had several years of severe symptoms. My husband and I would be intimate, then I would have to take a week to recupe. Now we can be intimate a couple of times a week. My gyno said that my architecture had not degraded to far, so she felt I was a good candidate. 

I will say the third treatment really hurt. I think it is because after the first two, I was starting to get more feeling?? Maybe? But it did seem to hurt more than the other two. They did give me some lidocaine cream for the discomfort it helped some.

• Posted

Thank you Tabby for your input. I'm so glad to hear your success in this treatment.

I think the medical community should consider this advisable and insurance cover it for treatment of this disease in the near future. Physicians should be reporting their results to the appropriate groups to make this change for the lives of women affected.

• Posted

I agree! After what I have been through, this is a miracle! They say there should be a yearly check for possible 'maintenance' treatment, but looking at my results now, I cannot forsee the need. Well see.

My gyno did treat the inside too, I think this has helped as well.

To me, if this procedure prevents the further deterioration and complications associated with this disease, it would be in the insurance best interests to cover it.

Like I said, I feel it was worth every penny!

• Posted

Are you referring to the Mona Lisa Touch Treatment? What is it? What does this involve?
    • Posted

Deborah,

It is a laser treatment they perform in the doctor's office. They treat the area three times six weeks apart. I am 4 1/2 weeks post treatment, after three treatments, I am very happy with the results.

• Posted

I originally went to have this done because I was having problems. I had 2 treatments with no real change and by the time I went to go get 3rd my Vulva was inflamed. My doctor never saw anything before down there? This time it was bad and she said lets not do the mona lisa. She then did a biopsy and this is when Lichens was diagnosed. I had a previous biopsy from another gyno with inconclusive results, He thought I had herpes, he tested for every std many times even though I insisted thats not what it was. My problems started when going off HRT. I had a complete hysrerectomy in 2010. I am now 51 and dealing with this.My doctor that was doing Mona Lisa said that the problem is outer area and the MonaLisa is for inside the vaginal walls so I dont think it will help Lichens symptoms but if you have a combination of hormonal issues maybe it will. She pesecribed to me Osphena. Anyone take that? Its a new drug for women designed especially for vaginal issues/hormonal. It has helped with moisture tons but not my lichens. I cant get rid of red raw soreness.
    • Posted

Tried Osphena for sexual dysfunction reasons. I don't recall any positive effects and I was having headaches every day. I'll be going for second ML procedure in a couple weeks. So far my vulva skin feels better and I have not needed the Clobetasol. I was prescribed hormone cream for vulva and Aquaphor to keep moisturized. So far so good.

I think we will all be experts after all our experiences. I'll be happy if my knowledge can make the next woman's life a little bit better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.