Mona Lisa touch reviews

Posted , 63 users are following.

I had my third treatment 10 days ago. No uti since I started like 3 months ago. BUT now pain n stinging. Thought uti but tested not. Uncomfortable for a week. Even used prep h to try to stop painted it actually work for a while I'm also doing the ice cubes… So anybody out there can share their experience with me I sure would appreciate it

1 like, 331 replies

331 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh Nancy.....so sorry you are having pain again. I've heard that they sometimes really go heavy duty on the 3rd treatment. Could it be that you are just healing? I'm getting my 1st treatment Tues. morning, and I'm really nervous and having second thoughts. I'm about 90% improved with the Estrace 3x a week, supplemented with coconut oil. Just hoping to get near normal and not have to wear pads and treat every day. I mainly hope that it doesn't make me worse!! Seems like EVERY gyn office is now offering it, where it was just several big cities that had it last year at this time. At least there will be a lot of us getting it done now most likely. Wouldn't be so bad if it doesn't work if insurance had paid for it! Will be hoping you start feeling better real soon. You were the best success story
    • Posted

In about 2 weeks I will be having my 3rd treatment. I've had very little change for the better. More change in not a good way, not sure if I made the wright choice on doing this. You spoke about (I'm about 90% improved with the Estrace 3x a week, supplemented with coconut oil ) what is this and how does it help?

• Posted

Hi

Called to schedule my treatment one year after tongibd the quote doctor gave me a year ago doubled from 500 to 1000. They know we have no alternative. Have to do it as it worked for me but need theconecyear later treatment. Will let you know how it goes

Hope you're feeling relief soon

• Posted

Hi Peg. Can you please tell us how you are using the coconut oil as supplement.  Sounds like something many of us need to know.  Thank you.
    • Posted

if you had it to do over would you do the treatments again?
    • Posted

I was using Estrace cream 3x a week which was when I finally started to feel some relief. Had been on it 2x a week for months and no improvement. The coconut oil is sold with the cooking oils in every grocery store. It's a solid like Crisco, but liquefies when warm. I just used it all over the outside areas (can also be inserted vaginally), as it's really soothing, and also has anti bacterial properties which help as well. I would have been comfortable with this routine before the Mona Lisa, but it has to be constantly maintained...skip one time, and symptoms flair😩!

• Posted

Oh, no. Try not to get too down. Maybe Peg is correct and the 3rd treatment is the strongest. So no UTI but are you having vaginal issues? Is that what you're using prep H for? Never heard of using that vaginally. Please try to keep your spirits up. Did your doctor give you any warning that this might happen after the last treatment? Hope things improve very soon.
    • Posted

I am going to call dr that did treatment. Yes on the prep h to help with burn just thought I would try. So discouraging.
  • Posted

I'm sure it is discouraging, but hopefully it's a reaction to a stronger treatment and will pass as you heal. Why else would it not have happened after the first two? Couldn't find any info on the treatment strength being increased. Also can't find any risks other than complications with mesh surgery.

Did you get to speak with the doctor today? Maybe he could prescribe a small amount of pain meds till you heal.

I have been off this site for a while. has anyone else reported problems with it? When I google it now there is a whole lot of info that wasn't there last summer. Guess it has hit the US big time. Not surprised. That's why I think there's a chance insurance will be forced to cover it sooner than later.

• Posted

I am feeling better. Didn't go to doctor today. My doc said many studies will have to be done before insurance approves. Will wait awhile and report progress. Can't take pain anymore. It's been too many years.
    • Posted

Glad to hear it's gotten better. Did you get to find out if the 3rd treatment was stronger than the 1st two? Maybe it's like having a tooth pulled. My memory of that was it felt horrendous immediately afterward, but much better after a couple of days. I don't know why I feel so strongly about this, but I'm pretty much convinced this is going to be the salvation of many a woman...and you are one of them!

If they will be conducting actual studies, maybe some of us can volunteer to be part of the studies and have it done at no cost (?)

• Posted

It did hurt more the third time. Hmmm. Will report when see doctor

Stanford is doing a study now. check the teaching hospitals in your area

• Posted

Hi Ladies

I had a total of four treatments - all six weeks apart -and not successful yet.

The third treatment was definitely stronger, I felt the "pinch" if I can call it that...

I never had any swelling, but always felt a tiny bit of burn, especially after the third treatment. However, I continued to have the itching burning vaginally and in the vulvar area even after the third treatment.

My gynocologist has given me the fourth treatment on Aug. 16th, 2019, and it was much stronger than the third treatment, it hurt a bit each time he applied the laser on the vulvar area. I did have swelling and burning in the vulvar area immediately afterward.

I still have itching/picking from time to time but I guess it's too soon to see results, since I'm a difficult case anyhow.

I was told to give it time, maybe another 2 to 3 months to see if the collagen starts to regenerate again.

I heard so many ladies have excellent results, some right from the first treatment, but I wasn't so lucky so far....I'm praying that this fourth treatment does the trick for me.

I wonder why my body is slower to react to the laser treatment and others have immediate results???

I don't want to take estrogen and will have to resort back to natural supplements if this treatment don't work.

Desperate too....

• Posted

marilyn, I had to look back to try to remind myself of your situation, but couldn't find but 2 posts.

Were you getting the ML for atrophy or LS (or both)? You certainly have hung there with repeated treatments.

I assume your dr is examining you before each treatment. Has he proceeded with the treatments hoping to see improvement or because he has actually seen some? It sounds as though you have felt none.

Do you not want to use hormone cream because you have had cancer in the past? I also was avoiding the cream due to my sister's estrogen dependent breast cancer, but now I have no other option. The cream has really been quite effective. My more serious problem is the LS.

Thank you for posting. It's really important that we share our experiences with each other. There's a lot some doctors seem reluctant to discuss.

Hope you do start to feel an improvement after all you've been through with the ML.

• Posted

I'm so glad i found this site. I was ready to take money and get this procedure done. From the majority of the reviews, it's not helping most women. I would hate to feel worse than I do now. To everyone having difficulties I hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.