Mood Swings

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is it true with bipolar your low mood will last at least a day or two or maybe a week before it changes to a high mood?

As my sons moods are not like this

For Example

My son has low moods, high moods, depressive moods and aggressive moods but they are daily, and for a while every day

​He can be down and moody in the morning, lunchtime he is ok, quite normal, by late afternoon he is abrupt and agressive in his speech and in the evening quite spaced out like he is not quite here.

​Also his moods can change rapidly during a conversation from relaxed and conversational to snappy and argumentative

​When speaking to him sometimes if you dont agree with something he says or he doesnt agree with something you say he can get right up into your face

He has always been very mature and responsible for his age but now sometimes he can get exciteable and silly over nothing just like a small child does

​Sometimes his speech is quite fast and the wiords seem to roll into each other and other times his speech can be slow, delayed and he sometimes has a stutter. None of these speech patterns seem to last long, they can come and go during a conversation or also change during the converdsation

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You have a lot of insight into your sons moods and behavior , would it help him to share like when he's talking fast or seeming sad?

• Posted

He is not much of a talker

If you ask him how he is his answer is always im ok, you?

He does say sorry alot

Sometimes I will ask him why he is sorry and he says I don't know but I am

He is always asking me if I am ok

He can ask me this sometimes upto 6 times in one day

• Posted

I remember when I was like that it was brutal for my parents. Even so much I made them scared of me as how violent I got. My advice is to see a psychiatrist and possibly a therapist for a one on one counseling and possibly a support group for bipolar and depression. I know when I was at that state I did group and one on one therapy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.