Mood swings after hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies, I am now 11 months post total Hysterectomy and BSO, don't know where all that time has gone? I am 62 but since having op I am experiencing mood swings similar to when I was having periods, any other ladies around my age experiencing similar? I have never been on HRT as have never needed to, i sailed through the menopause without any symptoms at all (sorry to ladies who really suffer), would something like Evening Primrose help?

Thanks

I hope all of my hysterectomy friends are all keeping/recovering well.

Phoebe x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am 64 had my TAH with BSO last March i also have mood swings
    • Posted

Hi Judy, hope you are keeping well? Where has all the time gone? I remember when you were getting ready to go into hospital, mine was last December 15th, doesn't seem possible, thanks for letting me know that you also suffer from mood swings, I thought I had done with all that, that or I was going nuts confused.

Phoebe x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.