Mood swings are get worse :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past two weeks iv noticed that my mood swings are different to what they normally are they seem to be more noticeable rolleyes I dunno what to do anymore I'm sick of all these symptoms and no one seems to understand what I'm going through they seem to think it's just nothin but I'm the only one that knows what going on sad I don't seem to have any support of anyone about my pcos they just think it's something small but in my mind it's not I wake up every morning felling like sh*t, I look in the mirror and think what a fat ugly cow does anyone else feel like this???

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Your hormones are all over the place. I remember when I was first diagnosed, although I didn't get periods, my body went through the motions and I'd feel the usual snappy, horrible symptoms.

You need something to help control your hormones and calm them down.

See if the doctor can help. I admit there isn't a great deal of help when it comes to PCOS, they seem to diagnose you, then leave you to it.

Good luck.

Jo x

• Posted

I know I was diagnosed 6 years ago rolleyes and it's so stressful it's like no one understands why?
    • Posted

I was diagnosed 20 years ago and help has clearly gotten no better.

I really don't understand x

• Posted

I know yeah how old are you if you don't mind me askin? I feel like I'm alone sometimes sad x
    • Posted

I'm 44. I have PCOS and Endometriosis. Both horrible conditions.

Talk to me any time you want. If I can help, I will x

• Posted

So you've had it a while then sad I'm only 22 had since I was 16 it really gets to me some days more than others I just wish I could switch it off and be normal but you can't sad have you got any tips on how to deal with your emotions and stuff?x
  • Posted

I completely understand how you feel. The condition is horrible and no one seems to get what us women go through with this on a daily basis. I get really irrated easily and mood swings are worse than ever. I won't even start on the hair growth! I'm sure im turning into a gorilla! 

Doctors are rubbish aswell, they need to do more research to help us and find a way to make day to day life easier!

Hope you are okay smile

• Posted

That comment sounds like me I'm exactly like that too I dont know why but things irritate me so easily and the hair is just embarrassing but every time I mention this to the doctor she just brushes it off and says if you lose weight the symptoms get better but they don't iv already lost 3 stone and if anything my symptoms feel worse rolleyes x
    • Posted

It's horrible isn't it. The smallest thing starts me off, people think I'm being mardy but I can't help it. doctors said exactly the same thing to me. I've lost a stone and a half but I'm really struggling.

Well done on the loss so far smile

• Posted

Yeahh but people don't seem to understand that we can't help it and that this condition is gonna make us like that rolleyes doctors need to be a bit more nicer when they say things instead of sayin in a way that makes you feel like you ent doing nothin rolleyes x
    • Posted

I know, makes it even worse. It's nice to come on here and speak to people who are in the same situation as me.

They really do. Mine are useless. Just keep saying lose weight, thats what I'm doing but it's so hard X

• Posted

I know I'm so glad I came on here now it's nice to talk to people that understand what it's like most people just think you can't have kids but it's so much more than that rolleyes and I know what you mean about the weight it's so hard to lose weight especially around the tummy area sad hope fully when I go to the hospital it won't be a long thing rolleyes x
  • Posted

I wish I could give you wise words but unfortunately there is 'no easy, or quick fix) and each of us, is likely to react differently to the condition.

Consider your diet (reduce/minimise fatty - including all dairy - and starchy foods as they tend to worsen the condition). Read all you can online (American Medical sites tend to be the best) and take solice in the fact that you are 'not alone'.

I was diagnosed 23 years ago and it disappoints me that medics today are just as apathethic about PCOS today as they were then!

Through your own research endeavours and trial/error you'll find the best way to manage PCOS (for you). 

• Posted

I know yeah well at least I'm not alone any more rolleyes and thanks for your advice smile x
  • Posted

Hi Becki,

I feel your pain, I have experienced the same mood swings. The number of arguments I had with my boyfriend was epic but he now understands thanks to this forum that there is a genuine reason for my mood swings and feelings of worthlessness and sometimes jealousy. I have been advised by the doctor to follow a low Gi and gluten free diet to help with the weight and the mood swings. I will have to let you know if it works! Keep the faith x

• Posted

I always feel like that lately but my boyfriend don't understand he thinks I'm just being paranoid and moody rolleyes he has depression so it's kinda of a tricky situation rolleyes I wish I didn't feel like this about myself I wish I had more confidence I feel as if I had more confidence before I lost the weight rolleyes x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.