More help

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey, Hello, Goodmorning, Goodevening...

Boring here...ok, so when it gets boring...i hop over to Sober Recovery and therre is another forum to see new circumstances...and help other people...and of course to be helped.

Its been quiet....I can't think of a good topic right now..maybe i can pick one up there and bring it back...

i still check like often...but I always need to type to keep mind busy as I sit on couch..

I've been up since early.

Been to gym

Eaten 3x or more

Went to Salon for hair dye

Bla, bla..and I'm still bored.

I don't know HOW I wasn't bored when I just sat here...and drank ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT LONG.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

I know for me I didn't care if I was bored when I drank heavy. Usually the next day I felt like such crapbI prayed for boredom because I had no energy for anything else. Do you work Missy? I know personally speaking once I get off work. Cook supper clean that up. Tend to the plants and flowers. Feed the dogs. Play with them. Take off my makeup pick out clothes for work the next day. I am not bored at all. Been up since six. It's now 815 pm and finally get to chill for a minute and chat with you??

• Posted

No poppy I am unable to work at this time.

Lots of testing going on for the past 2 years.

Lots of drama too wink

Even when I did work...I wasn't bored...but I was too frustrated and overwhelmed with all the daily activites...and was bored with THAT routine as well.

After the kids would go to bed...i belonged to another forum that ended up shutting down after about 6 years...I'm always chatting.

LOL

• Posted

I will....the new medication is helping that a little bit...but not so much smile

• Posted

Hi lovely lady, it is always such a pleasure to see your name...I think of you as a warm and caring, sincere friend,.xxx you have helped so, so many others who have been struggling with their alcohol problems....

I truly hope that you keep well lovey, carry on helping others, and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend...

Yes....I have to agree....being sober can be boring and hours seem days....but at least we don't lose !! Time....

I lost about 12yrs totally, in abject misery and pain...

Keep up the good work...big warm and sincere hugs my friend...

You truly are in my HEART...THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS....xxxxx

• Posted

hi d...

You sound like such a warm, caring, loving person and I BET you weren't like that when you were drinking!

I'm glad you were able to put the alcohol behind you...cause I am glad that you are here too smile

• Posted

Yeah, I often feel bored even though I have loads to do, and loads of interesting things too. When I feel bored I feel like drinking.
    • Posted

Exactly my problem h1954.

That is why I am always typing like a maniac.

I have already been out today...and I am going back out.

I don't have alot of communication with my b/f - he is a guy....a quiet guy....and I'm the one babbling all the time.

I like forums because people babble back!

• Posted

Visit the Anxiety Forum. That'll keep you busy.

• Posted

And right now...going to make stuffed fish.

When I get back I should have some replies from the Anxiety Forum.

• Posted

They are good at replying, it's true.

So you lots of chatty time.

My husband has to listen to me talking all day long, too, and he's a quiet man.

Possibly because he has no opportunity to get a word in edgeways.

• Posted

Same here...my boyfriend has to listen to ME....cause I can type and talk at the same time...hahahaha
    • Posted

I can talk, type and eat malt loaf simultaneously.

Beat that.

• Posted

I can't beat that...LOL.

And how does one talk with malt loaf in their mouth!

• Posted

Like the sound of stuffed fish.  How do you make it Misssy?
    • Posted

simple....buy a few pieces of cooked shrimp (chop it in small pieces) and some chopped clams (like 1/4 pound)....add a little onion about 1/2 onion...and some garlic.

Ritz crackers crushed...mixed with butter, shrimp, onion, garlic and clams....place in the center of a cod or haddock...and roll...bake for about 40 minutes....Came out very good.

Just don't do what I do...I always ADD TOO MUCH BUTTER....To moisten the crackers..use only like a tbs of butter and the rest water.

• Posted

my total cost was about 12 dollars..can feed 3 people.

• Posted

Oh..I had corn on the cob (only bought 2) and mashed potato.
    • Posted

Yummmmmm - tomoz evening meal sorted . thanks M.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.