Morning Ladies

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just had my 2nd Zoladex injection this morning and I am due to have a hysterctomy on the 21st Sept following a 3rd injection.  Can anyone tell me if my periods will get any better as after my first one I had a heavy bleed as normal?  I have several large fibroids that are squashing everything up inside and my consultant says it is like I am 5 months pregnant, so I am not very comfy.  I have not had too much yet in the way of side effects only that feel hot all the time.  My injections have not been painful at all, thanks to emla cream - I have a massive fear of needles. I hope you don't mind me posting on hear to you all but it is great to have ladies who post true and real information about it all.  My mind has been totally blown when I have been reading various info on the internet, that can sometimes be very unnerving.  Reading about you all has put my mind at rest.

Thank you.

Lynn

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

I had a TAH in April following a 3 month course of injection.My first was Zoladex which my consultant gave to me but the other two were given to me by a nurse at my doctors surgery and they only had Prostap which is the same thing.Zoladex gave me some stomach pains within an hr or so afterwards and I had a normal period within 2 weeks after.Prostap injections are a smaller needle but I thought that I wouldn't have more periods by now.Again within a week or so I had a period which was the worst I have ever known.It was frightening as it was so heavy and I was so flooded.Luckily that was my last period as once I had the last injection my periods stopped.I didn't even bleed at all after my operation.If I can help any more please ask.

luv

Teresa

xxx

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

I have been on Zolodex injections for 4 months now. I had the first period as normal, but they ceased after that. I think the periods are supposed to stop. 

Best wishes as you get ready for your surgery. I am in the same boat, one large fibroid, 4.5 months pregnant uterus size. I am older (51) and trying to see it through to menopause when growth should cease. Thus trying to shrink it via the Zolodex.

Can I ask how they are planning on doing the surgery -- horizontal low cut, or a vertical cut down from the belly button? 

Take good care,  Jamie 

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

I really have no choice, I have had 2 previous c-sections across the bikini line and the plan is to do that again, which I prefer as you can't see the scar then. To be honest Jamie, I know it sounds kind of weird but I really want it done, now I have been through so much probably like yourself, I was initially told by my gp 4 years ago that my shortness of breath was asthma, until I had a blood test this year, which showed my iron levels were so low I should have had a blood transfusion. but I opted for iron tablets.  She then decided to send me for a scan to see why I was flooding every month and as soon as the scan was started the lady doing it just went on my god you have several large fibroids that are causing this and they have been there a while.  Hence why I really need this done, it will change my life, I will be able to go out without worrying.

Take care.  Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn, 

Your plan sounds good. Part of me would like to have it done too -- but I have had no symptoms besides a huge belly -- 24 weeks pregnant. I've been very fortunate that way. There is some concern starting to swish some other organs, so just trying to Zoloft. When I read what you and others have been through with awful symptoms, I am grateful I've not been through all that. I am tempted, however, just to get back a figure that I feel better about. 

You will feel SO GOOD once you've recovered. All the best to you. 

Jamie 

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your positive thoughts. Do you think my stomach is liely to go down after the op? I hadn't thought of that as I feel so bloated all the time.  All the best to you to. 

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn

May I ask if you had a biopsy before opting for surgery. I saw my gyno yesterday and she had freaked me out. She said mine has grown quickly (4cm in two years, which didn't seem much to me) it is now 12cm by 11cm. She said it could be cancer - iv gone for months just thinking it's a fibroid and my gp not being concerned it being anything else to this. Sorry - im just not sure of the procedure and was shocked at what she said. She didn't speak great English and I found her aggressive. I feel so depressed and unsure of what's next 😩

• Posted

Hi ali86305

No I didn't have a biopsy prior to opting for surgery, I did have a scan that revealed my fibroids quite clearly. I would suggest you try to get a second opinion, they will probably be able to put your mind at rest.  Hope you get on ok.

Lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.