morning symptoms

Posted , 11 users are following.

Does anyone else find their symptoms are much worse in the morning?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yeh my symptoms are always worse in morning and when I'm on my period . I go beserk . As soon as I eat my breakfast and hav shower I'm ok
  • Posted

Yes!!!

Ok, now that I've done some deep breathing......

I think that's normal for those with hyperthyroidism.

• Posted

I really can't say enough about an exercise routine, starting the morning with stretches exercise and breathing exercises, at night its the same. Half an hour in morning and half in evening, it really has helped me. I have a chanting dvd that repeats and goes on for that time.  Its My coping technique but it only started working after a few months and I had to convince myself not to give up. I told myself waking up after being relatively still or sleeping in a possibly awkward position or being in a deep sleep, possibly needs some stretches.  Anyway hope you feel better soon 
    • Posted

I'm glad it's not just me.  I agree that it's best to keep moving and excercise Pat, but I had such a bad morning yesterday I cancelled my Pilates class.  I know it would have made me feel better but I just couldn't get moving enough to get ready.  I've just had another flare up and waiting for things to settle down again.  I seem to be getting different symptoms each time It comes back and this time the fatigue has wiped me out.  I know it will get better......tomorrow is aonother day. 
  • Posted

I remember this well and I couldnt go to the classes, I had to in a way reinvent the wheel for myself.  The exercise that helped me the most was running and breathing exercise.  The tablets are there to help but the symptoms can be so troublesome.   I can recall it was baby steps to begin with just getting some fresh air and shrugging my shoulder was enough to help me.  As is said every little helps!!!!  You are taking steps to manage it and that is all it takes.  Just keep going
  • Posted

Waking up and getting going in the morning is a lot more physially stressful than we might think.  It's one of the reasons that morning is the time when symptoms are much worse in the morning.
  • Posted

Definitely!

It reminds me of early pregnancy in that respect.

I tend to have a panic attack as well sometimes before getting out of bed.

Then another one a few hours later. This am I did not have a panic attack until about 12 md. Yesterday when I had one followed by another I felt washed out. all day

Does anyone know why the mornings are so difficult? In fact to be truthful I dread going to bed the night before and delay it as much as possible!

May I just say that it is a huge relief to be art of this forum and to know that I am not alone, if you see what I mean. I feel very tired no matter how much sleep I have.

I suspect that the thyroid has been malfunctioning for a long, long time n and off as the way I feel today is so reminiscent of how I felt a long time ago.

I thinkthat stress and pregnancy have triggered this off plus infections.

just want to get well . I have not started any treatment yet.

Lucy

• Posted

Hi Lucy,

You sound very similar to me - i've been suspecting thyroid issues for well over a year now - since i had an infection so i think its related to that. Anyway, i have not received any treatment yet. so i'm glad i'm not the only one, as there always seems to be something in the way because i tried to get a diagnosis last year, but that went no where and my symptoms at times, seemed to ease, so it wasn't my main prioroty even though it was till sort of bothering me. Than when i want to do to the doctors, i always seem to be too busy as horrible as that sounds.

I have also found that i have been suffering from panic attacks lately. I think its the anxiety i feel towards the condition andd its symptoms.Its been awful.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon and we both get diagnosed and treated! smile

• Posted

I think thats normal yes. I always find my period and evenings make symptoms worse 
  • Posted

Yes I feel like a 90 year old women whe i first get up, stiff and achy, I limp downstairs and take my Levo tablet then after half hour or so I start to feel okay again, I have wondered if it means that I need a higher dose because the medication has worn out during the night ?!?.
  • Edited

Hi I'm new to this have a Dr appointment this coming week . I'm definitely thinking its hyperthyroid or some sort if hormone imbalance. i did also have similar issues when i had a 5 cm cyst on my right ovary. I was laying in bed one night and kept getting anxious could feel this rush go through my body . Felt very agitated and restless. My heart rate felt up and had heart palpitations. Finally went to sleep kept waking up with heart racing and fluttering and even after only 4 hours of sleep i woke early wide awake. Still felt very uneasy but it got a lot worse after getting up. Heart rate was high , hands were shaky and an all over feeling of weakness ... My period is also late, its been 43 days since last one.. I'm also going from loose stools to constipation. This all goes on all day long .... I'm so miserable... Cant focus and vision seems off. Body is sore and itchy also .. Cant regulate my body temp either hot then freezing ... Does this sound like Hyperthyroid

• Edited

Hi Melanie,

Your story sounds so much like mine. A few years ago I had the same feeling of a rush of what felt like adrenaline go through my body for no reason. I could be laying down, watching tv, it seemed to come from no where. My anxiety was unbelievable and new for me. I had a very fast heartrate and was generally terrified. My doctor was no help and gave me the you're getting older speech. (I was about 48) Then after an annual gyn physical my doctor discovered one of my ovaries was 'missing'. Between an unusual ultrasound and my complaints I was scheduled for surgery. It turned out that I had extensive adhesions (scar tissue) from having a partial hysterectomy a couple of years earlier. The adhesions had attached and surrounded my ovary essentially killing it. Apparently while it was being taken over by scar tissue it had been constantly firing estrogen (fighting back ? 😃 After my surgery the doctor said, no wonder you had so many symptoms. My system was flooded with estrogen, cortisol and adrenaline, something no doctor had checked for.

Now (about five years later) my thyroid has four nodules (pre-cancerous). My TSH has been slightly high (5.0 - 5.3) but T3 and T4 have been in the 'normal' range. My thyroid antibodies however, are consistently above 700. I alternate between feeling hypo (crushing fatigue) and hyper (extreme anxiety even to the point of panic especially in the mornings). It is very reminiscent of the 'rushes' I had before that feel like adrenaline or hormones. I liken it to PMS X 100 but of course there is no possible way I have PMS. My endocrinologist is recommending to watch and wait and that might be the reasonable treatment plan but some days are really, really difficult.

I don't have any answers and I definitely am not qualified to give anyone advice (I am hardly managing myself 😃 but I wanted to share that I have felt and now feel similar to what you are going through.

• Posted

are you all still on here, it does sound like graves possibly. that's what i have and i found these old post, and relate to all of you. I have anxiety's of thinking about going to bed at night cause I know I will wake up at some point with my heart beating out of my chest. just seeing what you all are feeling now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.