Morton Neuroma Recovery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been struggling with Morton's Neuroma since the begining of September. Finally I feel much less pain but my toes hurt and have sharp pains down them. Is there some way to alleviate this pain? 

I have orthodics, I take anti-inflamitories, I wear wide shoes, do I just need to let me feet get used to my orthodics or what?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Do you have "Morton's neuroma" or do you have pain in the foot? The two are very different.

• Posted

JP,

I was diagnosed with MN and had all the symptons it wasn't just foot pain. It's just now the pain has changed and goes through my arches, and toes, but doesn't feel like its around my nerve as much anymore. 

Do you have MN and if so what do you do?

• Posted

I went to a podiatrist who did xrays and examined my feet. That combined with me expressing my symptons: pain in the entire foot, especially around 3rd and 2nd metatarsils, shooting pains through out my foot, stiffness, inability to walk or if so walking with extreme pain, feeling as though there was a pebble in my shoe, pain worsened when I wore my regular shoes (they were too narrow and I have an extremely wide foot). Given all that I was given arch supports before my orthos came in. Those helped and now my orthos seem to help but still the pain i mentioned above. 

Thoughts?

• Posted

I believe that you need an ultrasound examination of the second metatarso-phalangeal plantar plate, by an experienced radiologist.
  • Posted

Ashley, have you had any kind of treatments for your MN? I just had surgery Nov 3, still have the stitches in, Nut besides getting a wider shoe, and orthotics have you had any injections, or treatment
    • Posted

Jeanne

I have not had any injections, cortizone or alcohol. Have you and if so did they help?

• Posted

Ashley, I have dealt with MN for about 3 or 4 years, I started with the cortisone shots which gave me relief, I had several of them. After  a long bit I tried the alochol injections which seem to irritate mine, although the dr said most dont have to have surgery, I had 3 injections my foot seemed to get worse, so I opted out of the injections and went for surgery. I had alot of burnung on the ball of my foot, hurt to stand and walk after some distance, also felt like a jelly bean in the ball of my foot. Look back at som of the other post. I wish you luck. 
  • Posted

Orthotics adn anti inflamatories are a good first step as is wearing shoes with a wider toe box. You should consider an ultrasound guided ablation procedure such as Cryoablation or Radiofrequency ablation to treat your meuroma.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.