Mouth ulcers - Hydrocortisone Buccal tablets 2.5mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have an mouth ulcer that is slow to heal and makes eating painful.  Doctor prescribed Hydrocortisone Buccal tablets to be placed on or near the ulcer which dissolves.

I have tried twice to use these tablets.   For a start, they don't stick to your gum, or dissolve.  I have even poured a little boiling water to get them started, and have held it there with my finger, but after 10 minutes, I just gave up.  To be frank - they are bloody useless !

Anybody else tried these ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

never tried them but my mom has alwaysd told me if i have a sore in the moutn to eat yougurt and it heals them fast i.e. canker sore and the like
  • Posted

ok stay with me on this however unlikely it seems.....I am a veteran of mouth ulcers as I suffer from Behcet's. If you can get a prescription for it then this is the best solution....get a steroid asthma inhaler. Don't inhale it but spray over ulcers. It takes them away, takes the pain out of them. Trust me. One of the first solutions I was told about at Behcet's clinic and it works. x

• Posted

Thanks for your advice.   Makes sense margaret, steroid spray.

Warm wishes to you

• Posted

Well Margaret,

Oh Wow! now why didn't I think of this absolutely genius idea!

THANK YOU!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.