MR

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 23 male, for the last roughly 5-6 years I've been randomly getting pains in the right side of my cheat in the middle by my rib cage. Sometimes the pain will only last a few minutes. But today it has lasted the entire day. I could just be sitting there all fine one moment, the next get this really bad pain. Where I can't move what so ever, if I do I'm in outrageous pain. It kind of feels like a stitch from running, but why is this happening to me if I'm not doing anything? I haven't ever gone to the doctors for it, but recently it's come on a lot frequent. I mean I can have it like today all day, or only last a few mins. I can't control it or predict when it's gonna come on. But it is painful, I'm unsure what it is. I do smoke I'm only 23. And when it comes on even when I breath it even hurts. I try taking a few deep breaths and that's painful to even do. I don't really want to go to the doctors they will probably think I'm putting it on or lying. But appreciate any suggestions of what it might be. I don't think it's life threatening as if it was I will probably be dead by now. But I don't want to live with it, I must say like today it's randomly come on. But then it might not come on now for the next few weeks or month. Could it be todo with stress maybe? I'm really not sure so thanks for reading and hopefully some one might have a answer smile

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get that too, today I had pressure burning all day in my chest and that gave me some anxiety and stress makes it worse. Sounds like you have costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartilage of the ribs and sternum. Can be very painful all they can do is anti-inflammatory 600mg of ibprouben and if it's very severe thwn you could get a shot but that would be the doctors decision. Just ice and heat, and rest that is about it for that unfortunately.

• Posted

Thanks David yeah it isn't great when it comes on is it, I don't even know why I got it tbh, but when it does come on I just like put pressure on it try stop it from hurting more or I got to literally sit still not move at all as it is that painful, I appreciate your message back aswell so thanks, i only came across this site because I googled it and this all came up. So thanks at least I know I'm not crazy and only person who has it lol

• Posted

No there are many I have been reading who have it!! So you aren't the only one

• Posted

Hi David your not going mad it's a terrible pain. I myself have been experiencing this pain for a while now and I can honestly say it's driving me insane I have been to doctors a lot of times now and one night I even called the paramedics out I was convinced it was a heart attack mines all on my left side and goes all down my arm. I feel the doctors think its all in my mind but I can assure you its not. So I do feel for you and anyone else that's suffering his pain and I hope your doctors help you x

• Posted

Hello samshare,

My advice...go see your doctor. We are no medics here just people on the internet. Te docter can hear you out en see you and examine your body! When the doctor says its costo...please come back and talk about it...if the doctor says its something else also come and tell!

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.