MRI 14 weeks pregnant

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm having a brain MRI in 2 weeks and I will be 14 weeks pregnant. Has anyone had one and suffered any complications or is all OK with it? I've read online that it's safe but I would like an actual real life experience and not just some statistic online.

Regards,

Leah

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It is quite safe as no radiation isĀ involved. It's all done by magnets. The machine is quite noisy but you can wear ear plugs or wear headphones to listen to music. Mine took about 15 minutes.
    • Posted

Sounds good then

Thanks for getting back to me!

Leah

• Posted

Yes and in addition to no radiation, you are usually only put in up to your shoulders or core depending on which machine they are using. Warning that it's loud and there's a lot of vibrations so depending on the symptoms you are going for you will probably feel worse for a few hours after.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.