Mri on brain and ears very worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a Mri scan today on my brain and ears . My symptoms are ringing in my ears. Right ear rings the left one sounds like the sea. Also I get pressure in my head . I just don't feel right in myself I feel strange .

So after my scan the radiologist said to me . Lucy do you have a follow up appointment ? I said no the consultant said if they see somethink they will contact me if not I'll see you in 4 months?

Then the radiologist said I want you to ring your gp on Friday ! I said have you seen somethink she said just ring your doctors Friday because I would be anxious if I was getting a brain scan .

I am really worried now so that means am getting my results in 3 days . I just had this feeling that she seen somethink soo worried

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try not to worry Lucy until you you see your gp. When I had my ultrasound on my abbdomen she told me to make an appointment to see my gp straight away and she is going to send the results immediately. I went to the surgery and the receptionnist told me the gp will not get the results that quick.  Anyway the gp did ring me as soon as she got the result and I had to  go to see a gynaecologist and had MRI which showed I have got fibroids.  I also did suffer from ringing in the ear and pressure in my head as if blood is rushing in my head but never had any investgations.  I hope it turns out.  ok for you and nothing to worry about.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying Marie . I just feel like am all over the place because I feel so strange . It was the way the radiologist looked at me like she had seen somethink .

The radiologist said the results get sent out 24 hours later .

I think google just makes things worse because you end up googling your symptoms .

Hope your ok now Marie thank you for replying x

• Posted

The radiologist is not the expert person who compiles the report. Most pronably she was just trying to help you by telling you when your GP would have the results.

When I had one on a Friday they said that my GP would have the results by Tuesday. He didn't and in the end it took eleven days to get them and the neurologists secretary got them faxed to her when I was at my appointment with him.

• Posted

I do agree googling your sypmtoms make you more worry.  Sometimes I find the radiologist said nothing to worry about but I think you should see your gp as soon as possible.  The last MRI I had done I asked anything should I be concerned and was told to wait for 1 week to get the results from my gp  and my mind was doing overtime.  I was convinced they saw something nasty.  I know it is easy to say not to worry as you cannot change anything but we cannot help it.  I always say it is the worry that is going to kill me not the disease itself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.