MRI scan

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got an MRI scan as ive been having some unusal neorological symptoms. I'm waiting for my results but I'm growing quite anxious. Just wondering if anybody (I know you arent qualified) would have an idea as to what the white lines on this image are? And also what the second image is of?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry that I can't offer any insight into your scan, but wanted to stop by & say I'm thinking of you & wish you luck. I too am waiting for mri results & know how anxious the wait is. I'm just trying to keep busy & find meditation is helpful to shut my mind up when I need it! x
  • Posted

Thinking of you too!  I am waiting for the results of a second MRI (6 months after the first one, and the second one with a better machine).  I have had a letter today to say that I will be discussed at the neuro MTD meeting.  What that means I do not know, but I do feel a little unsettled.  My other half thinks they shouldn't have told me, as I have already jumped to the negative!
    • Posted

My first MRI was clear. Looked at by ENT and later neurologist who then ordered a more in depth one of the trigeminal nerve.
    • Posted

The letter is badly worded in that it gives you cause for concern probably where none exists.

MTD has several meanings. I your case it would seem to mean a  multidisciplinary team meeting (MDT meeting) where they discuss the results of scans.

I had an MRI scan of my kidneys recently and the consultant at that time asked his assistant if she was going to the next days meeting where all scans and X-Rays are discussed by the department. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.