Mrs

Posted , 6 users are following.

Got a pip assessment fibromyalgia 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Are you concerned about it 
    • Posted

Really scared I have been on dla high rate and mobility now have pip form had operations to remove parts of bowel 4 times had to give up work strange pains diabetic symptoms but clear tests burning itching feet to sore to put to ground lost grip in my hands I have a isleostomy bag I can't change on my own my husband is always with me to change it as I have strictures in my bowel that causes bad pain and bowel surges so my bag leaks a lot been diagnosed with fibromyalgia two years ago I have depression I take medication with morphine morning and night for pain but to look at me I look ok feel ashamed to list all these things when I look ok  

thanks for reply 

• Posted

Hi Ruby,

you have really gone through the mill, it's no wonder your body is kicking back, I'm so sorry.  

I'm sure there are some assessosrs out there who are 'Jobs Worth' but and maybe I was lucky, but the assessor I had was a doctor and she really gave me a good report.  I was on DLA - MRC and HRM and now on PIP I have been awarded enhanced rate for both.

Have you completed the PIP forms yet, if not please read as much as you can about how to complete them, don't just tick boxes. I sent in a lot of information on seperate sheets of paper explaining the help I need and what happens if I don't get that help.  

I fall a lot and there is no way I can dress or undress or take a shower and get in or out of bed without help from my hubby.  I cannot prepare food as I'm unable to peel veg or cut anything as I have no grip in my hands and when I have tried I cut myself quite badly and ended up at A&E.  It's the same with trying to get a small pan off the hob, I have scalded myself so many times that it's just not safe.  

Please let us know how it goes. x

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply has given me hope x
  • Posted

Sounds like your body has been through some major trauma. It isnt uncommon for fibro to act up after severe trauma of any kind. I wouldn't be terrified or ashamed of the fibro. It is just a name for what your symptoms are causing you. It really is terrible that you are going through all of this. I hope you find some relief soon.

• Posted

Thing is dip assesors don't believe what you say unless they can see it 

Thanks for reply

• Posted

Hi, I had a f2f on 4th of Jan for fibromyalgia, ddd and ibs. I have not had a reply yet but am hopeful, I really feel for you with what you are going through, all I can say is there are some good assessors and we only ever really hear the bad stories. Big hugs to you x
    • Posted

I know, it is hard to get any help when your disease is invisible. You have other issues though like you said your husband has to be with you for your bag all the time and whatnot. Maybe they will take it all into consideration o you will be able to appeal. Very sorry you have to deal with this. 
  • Posted

Don't want to be someone who brings bad news but,if you were on higher rate dla,for both parts .then be prepared for only getting lower rate for mobility,they are not giving anyone mobility.i have been higher rate DLA for both parts for 16 yrs and I can ,and go and hospital consultant agree it's correct.but the new pip is all about 'mental health ' and the following a journey. I myself have massive mobility problems,can't get out alone,I do have depression and severs anxiety.panic attacks also,main issue is I can't go out alone,need help walking,toilet needs,with resting as severs fatigue ,memory loss,

i had a f2f assessment on 5th Dec,she said I. Wasn't anxious! Nor showed signs of it,spoke normally so she decided I wasn't nor did I have a mental health issue........

i have since found out the planning a journey bit odd pip is purely all to do with a mental health issue and NOTHING AT ALL TO DO QUTH the physical activity of actually being able to do the journey,I can't do it nor ebpven try,I'd be knackered within 2 mins,I need help with walking,carrying stuff,my anxiety would be so bad I'd be sweating so bad,

• Posted

Hi Milly 

I  don't understand when you say that PIP is all about mental health and not mobility.  Have you received a decision yet?

I was on DLA for years with middle rate care and high rate mobility, then had to change to PIP and am now on high rate for both care and mobility.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.