MS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone get down because of MS because I sure do

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello As, depression is a part of MS unfortunately. If you have pain and disability it's normal to get depressed, just don't allow it to consume you. See your Dr if you start to feel it is. Flares can trigger it. Bi have depression & severe anxiety but people think I'm strong. It's ok to have down days and you must be kind to yourself. There's quite a lot of nice people on here and a chat may help you. Enjoy a good day, rest and recuperate on a low day. 🌹🌈

• Posted

bic24773 is absolutely right, depression is a symptom of MS.  It can be caused by the changes to the brain, it can also be reactive - the other symptoms such as pain, fatigue, etc, are enough to make anyone feel down.  I had depression long before I was dx with MS.  I take antidepressants and find that they help a lot.  
  • Posted

Hi Aza

I have had PPMS for the last 17 years and get depressed on a regular basis due to extreme pain but since I can feel it coming on its easy to get something like Amatripaline or similar it is easily dealt with. The disease itself causes depression and any doctor will prescribe something but dont get caught up in taking it all the time or you will only spiral into addiction

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.