MS and Wieght lossp

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I'm new here glad to be a member here hope I can be useful and learn useful tips.

I'd like to share my case with you I might find a solution of my problem.

I'll be 29 I've been disgnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2005.

My apetite has always been bad but not this bad.

I eat less than a 5 years old food stays in my mouth for long.

I don't suffer any disability from MS.

I get relapses once a year or every 6 - 7 months.

MRI scan results are scary when I was in the UK they entitled me as severly disabled altho I wasn't but oh well reglardless.

Last year MRI scan showed atrophy in my brain.

I'm not sure if thats one of the reasons.

I lost so much of my hair its depressing I get angry nearly every month but when I do Its like an unreal flare up.

Is there any suitable suplements for my case I used to get ensure plus shakes in the uk they were good but I wasnt able to eat after them. Oh and by the way I stopped the only MS treatment I used between 2007 -2011. Which was interfereon I was getting relapses monthly with it.

And when I was using it I lost my weight I was 57 I bacame 49 kilos.

Sorry for talking too much but since I'm not disabled now I wish I coupd look my age for once before its too late

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for sharing - it really informs people and makes them more understanding, plus shows what great souls are out there. My relative has osteoporosis and was given Complan from the pharmacy because of her poor diet. You may want to ask your Dr. about it as it may or may not be suitable for you. I must say that you cannot overdo it with Complan - she was taking a sachet everyday for several months and put on loads of weight so had to come off it! Wish you the best.
    • Posted

Thanks a lot. Your reply was really informative. I've never heard of complan before. But I did a wee search and found that even boots sell it. But I'd rather ask my doctor first. Thanks again.
  • Posted

May I just add, we must really let food be our first medicine. I'm sure you're trying, but always keep on keeping on trying even with the poor appetite. Leafy green veg. and eggs are particularly good for our hair (and eyes). I can't say I relish eating spinach, kale, etc,, but I force myself, and whilst eating it I keep a mental image of all the good it'll be doing. This really helps.
    • Posted

I do eat a little of everything meat, eggs chicken, rice and salads. But I can never finish my meal. It even gets cold before I eat it when I first look at my plate I Say to myself c'mon that's children size of a plate and I can't even manage to finish it I like tea I wouldn't be surprised if its one of the reasons why I lose weight.
  • Posted

Getting the Dr. to refer you to a nutritionist or some other expert they know of would be a good idea. You are so young and should not be having a poor appetite. You may need to be a bit persistent with some Drs. though! Also, don't forget all important water.
  • Posted

Hi;

I think drinking protein shakes is a good idea as it gives you calories and nutrients but I wouldn't recommend ensure as it has a lot of sugar. I would recommend something that has no sugar ideally and good amount of protein. You definitely should (if not already) read lables and ingredient lists very carefully to make sure you are only putting in good stuff in your body.  I also recommend highly seeing an alternative doctor if you are not seeing one already. One who is knowledgalbe in medicine but practices alternatively as well to feed and help your body heal itself naturally as opposed to with drugs and use drugs only where it is a must. 

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My neoru- ldiatetion gave me ensure plus shakes 330 calories I think when I was in Edinburgh.

But I couldn't keep eating with them and I actually lost weight and last year my weight was 38 kilos. And also been hospitilises at that time it was beggining of summer in edinburgh 2015 high fever and dehydration was the cause so yeah you're right I should never forget drinking loads of water.

Anyway now I returned to my country and unfortunately it takes long to book for an appointment. And it takes me 140 mins to reach hospital.

I'll try my best to sort it all out and your advices will be taken.

Many thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.