MS Symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Would MS symptoms occour at the same time? Or one tend to show up after another dissapears???

i been experiencing some weird sensation in my right leg...a bit of pin and neeldes but not quite...i dont know if i would call it weakess....I can kick something really hard with my right leg...

can someone who is experiecing weakness or have experienced weakness let me know how does that feel...? 

I talked to doctor and mentioned that im afraid it's MS or ALS..he said ALS would more be weakness..since im having a little bit of pin and needles..he does not think it is ALS..but he will schedule me for EMG (i dont have a date for that yet).

Please help...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Di you have diagnosed Ms? If not this symptom in its own wouldn't necessarily point to ms. A trapped nerve can cause pins and needles and done vitamin deficiencies and even anaemia but with anaemia you would get weaknesses. I wouldn't panic just yet. Numbness and pins and needles can indicate MS but it wouldn't be you're only symptom.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. 

My lip corner also trembles when I smile and dont lock it tight. If I smile and lock tight, there is no trembling. And also just yesterday I had this weird feeling that when I touch my skin on my arm, it feels tender and sensitive just like when you touch an area that got bruiced. I am afraid that is pointing to MS too. 

• Posted

Hi again, I've not experienced your arm symptom with Ms but with arthritis and it sounds more like fibro. My trembling is worse if I tighten things, like stretching can set off my toes or spasms in my legs. However MS dies give you weird and wonderful😞 symptoms like sensations etc are you worse in the heat?

• Posted

I live in North America, I dont know about the heat now because it is getting cold here. I have muscle twitching mainly in my legs, it would twitch and I was able to see it once. But once I moved my legs it would subside. I just had MRI scan for hemifacial spasm, I have seen those pictures and they did scan the brain as well. it was a non-contrast scan so I am waiting for the doctor to tell me if I have any lesion in the brain. My family doctor took a glance and he said everything looked normal to him but as he was not a trained radiologist, I would have to wait for the report by the radiologist.

What is a fibro? 

• Posted

Fibromyalgia its a complex thing related I think to Arthritis, the only way they diagnose is tender point check there's like 18 ( not sure of right number)points on the body that can be tender to touch. The symptoms are fatigue and pain and some similar to Ms. Google it as I'm no expert. It's awful when you have problems but no diagnosis, I've been there. My new neuro who I should have seen 6 months ago, told me he cannot find my notes!!!! They shut the Neuro dept in my hospital and the neuro had to travel obet 20 miles from another. I hooe you get one soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.