MUA one year after rotator cuff and bone scraping surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I see a lot of MUA comments about frozen shoulder, but I'm not sure that's my problem. Had surgery for 2nd time on this shoulder but cannot play golf or lift anything heavy. Any advice on doing a proceedure NOW vs. waiting another 6-12 months? I also fear the pain- and the length of time that pain persists- since it was a long recovery from my surgery 12 months ago. Comments, anyone? I am 64 years old and in good health except for BOTH shoulders! I never had a proceedure on the "good" one.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately FS with or without surgery has a long recovery time, without surgery recovery is one to three years, with surgery one to two years, either way we're screwed. I'm 1 month post surgery and can see recovery for me a long process

• Posted

I do know that an injury and or surgery is a common cause for frozen shoulder. I personally opted to wait out my fs. I'm 10montgs in and am starting to slowly regain range of motion. The horrible pain has been gone since June. So I had the typical painful stage, frozen stage not horribly painful and now the thawing stage. I've read many that say the mua didn't not work and some said it did. I believe when you have an injury and surgery and you immobilize it to protect it, the adhesions grow leading to fs. For me I'm glad I rode it out. The first 3-4 months were the worst. I would look into the shot that breaks up the adhesions. Not steroids. Cannot remember the name but that seems more successful and not very invasive. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Tracey with fs surgery you don't mobilise after surgery you start exercises as soon as your at home. It would be great to hear from both sides as to who has sat it out and how long it took to get full range and the same for surgery, I've only really heard from doctors re time span but not patients it would be interesting to hear from people who are now on the other side of it. smile

• Posted

I know that Dee I was referencing his comment that he didn't know if fs wS his problem. He has had injury and surgery and my comment was that with injury and surgeries in the shoulder fs can set in from being immobilized. If you have to immobilize for an injury or surgery fs can happen. So maybe fs is an issue for him due to his injury and surgery. Often fs sets in from us not using an injured shoulder ourselves. That is what happened to me. I do know that with mua they start therapy right away or it will freeze back up. The jury is out whether forcing the thawing even works as they thaw on their own.

• Posted

No problem as with me I had a rotator cuff tear and on the same day I got FS. I wish doctors knew more about it and how to fix it more quickly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.