Mucus and blood WITHOUT stool

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey! So I am a 27 year old female and have been on the mission field for 9 months. Since month one I have been dealing with the same issues. Constipation. Blood instead of stool. Massive amounts of mucus. I have seen a doctor. One in India told me it wasnt hemorroids. The doctor in Africa 8 months later told me it was hemorroids. Sometimes I get the urge to use the restroom (like about to poop my pants urge) and sit on the toilet only to pass blood. Some times its just mucus. And even when I take laxatives and go regulalry for a few days I still see blood. A lot of it. If hemorroids were the issue then I shouldnt see blood since hemrroidal bleeding is due to constipation. (thats what the African doc told me anyway) Any ideas on what this could be? Should I have a colonoscopy in a 3rd world country? Which I am currently in the Dominican Republic.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would advise you come back and get medical attention promptly. You are at risk of anemia or just needing a transfusion. You need a colonoscopy as well. This could be very serious so please get the proper medical attention soon.
  • Posted

Tiffany I don't know much third World countries. My experience has shown me that it's hard for them to figure this stuff out but I've also got an HMO. I did not have the mucus with that urging that sensation is very key from what I found out I believe just from my experience and what you're describing is that you've lost control of your involuntary muscles and that's what I'm dealing with right now my insurance sucks I thought it was good bud be at my colonoscopy came out to be nothing and I take heavy laxatives that I'm actually down to eating baby food. Once they label what I have I will be happy to inform you I've had a test called a defa progeny and an anal manometry. My insurance carrier messed up pretty bad so now nobody wants to put their name on what I've got because it's gotten worse due to their lack of treating me in a timely matter so I wish you luck I would suggest on an issue like this I honestly would come on the United States Third World idea I just don't know anything about it. So let me know if there's any more specifics I can dial-in I'm kind of a head case right now I'm on the way to another doctor that's not gonna do anything. I even went to the emergency room am kind of rambling I'm on my skateboard right now so yeah as soon as I find out what they call what I have I'll let you know but those tests were just to see the functionality in on that second one

• Posted

Get back to UK and have colonoscopy right away! Don't leave it any longer, that's my advice !
  • Posted

I was wondering if you made it back out of the third world countries and able

To find anything out.

• Posted

Hey John thank you for your concern! I saw a doc here in the DR. He said I have parasites and a stomach infection. Probably H. Pylori. We of course had a language barrier so I dont believe I got the best advice or diagnosis. I think he just diagnosed me based on familiar and common illnesses in this area. After taking the meds for parasites I got worse. I am sure from die off symptoms but nothing got better. I am still bleeding and still have stomach pain. Here is my problem; I leave for the states in 36 days. Do you think its something that can wait until then or should I be really concerned and go home now? I would hate to leave for it to be something silly like a fissure or a hemmoroid.
  • Posted

Hi becca, im suffering with the same issue, did you find the reason and treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.