Mucus bleeding before poo

Posted , 4 users are following.

Not sure if this is the correct group to even be posting in, but when I was younger I was told I had a fissure, so for sometime now I have thought this could be it, but now worrying.

Everytime I go the toilet to have a poo, when I push, loads of brownish bloody mucus is forced out before my poo. It falls into the toilet (just like a lava lamp) all round shaped mucus. It's making me now worry. And i will be booking in with the doctor tomorrow morning but wanted to get some info on what everyone thinks it could be? I have no pain with it at all. And had an operation in March removing an ovarian cyst. Not sure if this could he causing it. When I explained to them about my bleeding (before the op) they did me a blood test to check for bowel cancer and it came back clear. So I dont have a clue what it could be! Hope someone can help!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had Anal fissures for at least two years, and had several medications, to no avail. I was told an operation may be necessary (Anal stretch ) the most common cause of fissures is hard stools / constipation as well as other reasons. mine was firm stools/constipation. It occurred to me one day that if I drink at least three pints of water a day, the stools can't go hard, as it's lack of water which makes them go hard. Now it seems to me that your problem goes beyond just firm stools, so at least try the water thing first. But you must see your doc asap. let me know what happens. good luck.

• Posted

since you are decribing it as brownish, than it doesnt sound like an anal fossure that is near the opening of yoir anus. if yoj did have a fissure there, you would see bright red blood. my guess is it is probably comng from something farther up and that you may want to consider a colonoscopy to see what is going on.

good luck!

• Posted

Hello. I think if you dont feel any pain at all, it's not anal fissure.. Maybe internal hemorrhoids? Some hemorrhoids are not painful especially internal but they bleed often times. Find a colorectal doctor, I suggest, to know whats going on.. Godbless????

• Posted

Little update, i managed to see the doctor today and she has reffered Me to the bowel clinic. Thank you for all your replies x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.