Multi vitamins intravenously

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I was wandering if anyone has had multi vitamins or any vitamins through an IV drip and what the results where, I have heard of vitamin c to help boost your immune system so very interested to hear from anyone whose had this treatment, thank you 😊

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Why would you want it? There has been no real research on it although it does seem popular with the celebs. As far as I can see it seems to be a short term fix. I can see that occassionally people need a vitamin boost for medical reasons, but I think I would like to find out what the underlying problem was first.
    • Posted

It was more a general enquiry to be honest, iv just stumbled across it done some research on the net but thought I'd rather ask on a forum where real people with first hand experience can share there views.

I'v always been interested in alternative treatments but very sceptical at the same time, thank you 😊

• Posted

I think it really depends what the alternative treatment is for. People have been lulled into so called natural treatments against conventional treatments and have died. Just because something is called natural does not mean it has no side effects, some can be quite lethal if people are not careful.
  • Posted

It is esential to have a balanced diet. 

Then no need for vitamins. 

If your deficient in vitamin B,C or D, then only take those supplements. 

• Posted

One can eat a balanced diet and still be deficient. Supplements don't always work. Malabsorption can be the cause. Thus the concept of intotrducing straight into the bloodstream is interesting. 

• Posted

On the other hand an awful lot of people take supplements when they could just have a decent diet. I am sure the supplement manufacturers are happy though.
    • Posted

That is why it is debatable that supplements are necessary, even though vitamin deficiency may make these necessary.

IV vitamin supplements may be required in case of malabsorption as jenny said above. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.