multiple gallstones, having surgrey in 4 days

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am suffereing drom constant feeling nausious every day and feeling tired and run down all the time and constant pain in tummy and chest, does any one else share these symptons? Im worried about surgrey I heard bad things about how you feel after surgrey.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am having mine done in 4 weeks time, iam suffering with all the same symptoms as you, what really scares me is reading posts, of people suffering with diarrhoea 3 years later and doctors dont have an answer. I dont want to become a recluse because of toilet needs, or take packets of immodum.good luck keep me posted how it goes xx
    • Posted

hey thanks, its a hard one aye iv never suffered diahera with my gallstones but it has slighty affected the function of my liver I just want to feel my bubbly self again smile surgon is postive this is what I need and that ill recover well im young& healthy I judt want it over and done with now, I have two young kids so iv just been trying to suck it up and deal with it
  • Posted

Hi,

I have only 1 large gallstone and suffer a lot of nausea. I used to have it all day and everydau until I watched what I ate and waht foods/drinks triggered it.

The same with my tummy ache it's usually if I have eaten something that has a bit more fat in it.

The tiredness I get sometimes but when I do I just have a sleep.

I am not having the surgury due to what I have read on here. I would rather carry on for now than potentially make it worse by having the surgury.

Here's hoping everything goes alright for you.

• Posted

I had my GB out one week ago and I was getting all the symptoms and more that you have mentioned. I have not regretted it for one minute. I feel so much better in myself. I did get a bit of nausea the first few days but that has now settled. The wounds are healing up nicely and are so small I cant believe it.  I get a few twinges if I twist but otherwise they have been very easy to cope with. It is so nice to be able to eat without worrying and having that constant nagging sick feeling all the time. I sleptt more or less the whole first 4 days and nights but back to normal sleep patterns now. I do get tired easily but then I also have ME so thats to be expected. I read all the  negative and positive messages too but in the end I was left no option but to have the GB removed and im soooo glad I did. I hope you can all get positive out comes. Dont forget a lot of people do get good out comes but  they dont always write about it. It is usually the ones that dont have such good outcomes that write so it can be misleading sometimes.
    • Posted

hey thank you, smile yes its hard but surgrey is my only option, I hope I have a good outcome
  • Posted

I had my GB removed in Feb this year by keyhole surgery and was in hospital for just half aday. While everything went according to plan from Doc's point of view, my body has not reacted well since. You must ask more questions before the op.

1. what if still in pain months afterwards and suffering any of the following

2. Diarrhea and vomiting with no warning

3. Pain when eating and feeling sick

4. unable to eat a normal diet

I had a bowel problem b4 the Op but is far worse with loose stools and unable to control bowel and going 5-8 times aday.

I have violent sickness and feel sick most days. Was told high fibre diet and given a thickening agent to help bind me and to take Imodium but was in so much pain l have had to stop. I have been backwards and forwards to GP but no help.

Have since viewed  forums and found with people suffering like myself and worse.

I have learned that l could have bile salts Diarrhea  and a Caltrate Calcium 600s tablet and using pysillum husk could help so am off to get it and will let u know the out come.

Just b sure to ask many questions, while l dont have pain from the stones and infected gallbladder l might have thought twice about removal knowing what l know now.

Good luck

• Posted

wow im sorry to hear that yes I have been asking all the right questions, I dint get dirahea at all with my gawbladder problems,
  • Posted

You will feel better after surgery.

I had my gallbladder removed at end of April.

Still have a bit of stomach pain if I eat anything too fatty like hard cheese.

As long asI I am careful what I eat it is manageable.

Certainly better than having the gallstones.

You will need a few weeks to recover but it is well worth having the surgery.

Good luck

Keep in touch and let me know how surgery goes.

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

I am exactly the same been like it nearly 12 weeks now and still not had a date after numerous trips and stays in hospital!. I am now taking that many pain killers I feel like I'm on another planet! I am desperate for the op although im scared too however the thought of feeling normal again spurs me on. Good luck xx
  • Posted

I had my surgery 2 yeras ago. I can tell you I feel much better after the surgery. I stayed 3 nights in the hospital making sure my body heal up.

However, there are couple things you need to expect

1. eat less fatty food from now on.

2. constant gas in my tummy sometimes it is very embarrasing. 

3. eat non fatty food in the morning; especaily in the morning. If I dont, I go to bathroom in 30 mins. I have no bathroom problem for lunch and dinner.

I had a episode 3 weeks ago. I ate 7 deep fried chicken wings.  That night I had a gallstone attach. It did not make sense so I went to the hospital to check it out. The doctor told me I should have eaten those deep fired chicken wings. It was my liver working too hard dealing with the fatty food, felt like gallstone attack but it was not.  I had blood test and ultrasound checked that night and proved nothing in my common bile duct.

Hope this help.

• Posted

one more thing. You will have some titanium clips left inside your body after the surgery. Dont be surprised.  The  surgeon uses  those clips to clamp off the blood vessel and common bile ducts. 
  • Posted

Hi

tha chest pain is acid reflux , I have lost a little weight but I think thats because I don't est much, so I dont have an attack, went for my pre assessment yesterday and feel a little better about op, on the eating side I have been told the worst food to eat after gb removal is pork and ti avoid it at all times .

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.